April 23, 2024, 10:05:49 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Tempo setting  (Read 2350 times)

JacksonP

• Beta-testers
Tempo setting
« on: April 21, 2012, 12:19:20 pm »
Hi everybody,

I am one of those guys who have been asking for Tap tempo. This would be a very important tool for a live stage player like myself.

Another thing which (together with lack of tap tempo) makes live usage little complicated. If I am right, you cannot save tempo settings to multi presets...? Maybe there could be a Global setting something like "Global tempo / Multi preset tempo". So if the "Multi preset tempo" is activated, then tempo would change depending on multis. And if you have "Global Tempo" then it would not change when changing multis. Simple as that and still quite effective, don't you think?

Any comment on that? Latter should not be that difficult to make? (This could be a good start; I think tap tempo is more complicated to implement...)

Philippe

Re: Tempo setting
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2012, 06:02:25 pm »
So that  "preset tempo" setting would overwrite the sync to an external MIDI CLOCK?
Origin Lead  Developer

JacksonP

• Beta-testers
« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2012, 06:35:38 pm »
This is NOT what I meant. If you use "external midi clock" setting, this would be THE clock. (I use Origin with external Clock, so please don't take that away...!!!)

But in those cases where you use internal clock, preset tempo would be nice feature IMO. For example, if you make multi preset for some special song, you could adjust the tempo beforehand. And of course, if there was a tap tempo, then you could easily fix the tempo on stage.

But as said, external clock is great tool and I have managed syncronize Origin to Korg Radias for example very nicely. They go nicely together (especially when tempo comes from Radias which put into Origin's audio-ins and mix them together...)

Philippe

« Reply #3 on: April 30, 2012, 04:54:02 pm »
Yes of course we'll keep the "external MIDI CLOCK" sync setting. If you had a 3rd option in the "Home -> Settings -> Midi" page for the "Sync" parameter, eg "Preset" (the 2 others being "Internal" and "MClock") so that when "Preset" is selected then the currently loaded preset forces its own tempo. Would that fit your need?
Origin Lead  Developer

JacksonP

• Beta-testers
« Reply #4 on: May 01, 2012, 06:47:35 pm »
That seems very practical solution. At the moment this seems to cover all the most important tempo related situations.

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines