April 19, 2024, 01:19:41 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Please unify and ease the info/update process.  (Read 1338 times)

Richi

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
Please unify and ease the info/update process.
« on: April 17, 2012, 10:14:25 am »
Hi,

I have quite a few Arturia products:

Analog Laboratory
ARP2600
miniMg V
Mg Modular
Prophet
CS-80
Jupiter-8

Quite frankly, it is a PITA to update these, yes even to check if there is an update.

It starts with the numerous flavours to even get information about a given product:

* In Analog Laboratory, you have to click on "prefs" to get info about the currently installed version. And be quite quick, because it starts to scroll away really fast.

* In CS-80, you may click on the TAE Logo to get version information

* In ARP2600, you are "verarscht" as the germans say if you click on the TAE logo (nothing happens), instead you have to scroll down to the Arturia logo and click on that.

* In Jupiter-8, if you search "prefs" or click on the TAE logo, you'll have no luck. Instead you have to find out, that there is a knob "about", which looks like the other knobs for synthesizer params. I found that only after calling Arturia support. And of course the same applies as for the Laboratory mentioned above, the version info immediately starts to scroll away.

* In Prophet, choose your poison, either click on Artura logo or the prophet-v logo. Or click on one to open version info and the other to close it. ;-)

* In Mg modular, click on the Mg logo. A DIFFERENT kind of info appears (a regular alert window), which you have to "OK" click to make it go away. Contrary to the behaviour of most of the other infos, except

* In miniMg-V, you may only click on the Arturia/miniMg emblem to make the info appear, have to "OK" click it away, It looks damn similar to prophet-v behaviour, except here the "miniMg" logo is without function.

Congrats! You managed to make it different for every single piece of software you offer. Some unification would not hurt methinks.
Or even better ... in the year 2012, there are programs that offer a hyperlink/button/whatever right below/beneath the version information (which you always find on the same place in "About ...") and this button says "check for new version". Or similar. You get the idea. As is now, I have to manually check the Arturia webpage after I - hopefully - managed to get the info about currently installed Arturia products.

Alternatively, make some kind of "Service Centre" as Native Instruments does, where one can manage his software versions. But implementing the aforementioned unification, update lookup would be a big help already.

R.

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines