March 28, 2024, 06:31:36 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Why has the ARP RATE two different controls assigned for SYNC ON and OFF?  (Read 4520 times)

Manuel

• GTHC-Entertainment
    • MySpace
Today I was playing around with my Oberheim SEM V, and as the ARP is one of the top features on it, I wonderd why the ARP RATE has two different controls assignable for SYNC ON and OFF. I really don't understand the reason behind this, as in my eyes it dosen't make sense to control one feature with two different controls.
???
If anybody has an answer to this, I would really appreciate to know about it!

Thanks in advance,

Manuel

Kevin

• http://www.arturia.com
Actually this is due to technical issue.
We have 2 different parameters for ARP rate and each parameter (well almost each :)) can be assigned to MIDI CC. Maybe we could do something special for these and connect 2 params to the same CC.
Kevin
Soft Arturia

Manuel

• GTHC-Entertainment
    • MySpace
Thanks Kevin,

Guess that this would make more sense, as there are already enough controls to be assigned. :D

I would personally prefer to have a specific MIDI-channel assignable to each control.
This would really help a lot to get the fingers on all the different parameters. My first and second controller are pretty much useless, as I can't use them the same time as my Laboratory.

Anyhow, so there is no specific reason behind it. Good to know...  ;)

Manuel

• GTHC-Entertainment
    • MySpace
I just found out that this is the case on all RATE controls that can be tempo synced (LFO 1, LFO 2 & ARP)

I guess it would be better to connect always two of them, so it doesn't matter if SYNC is on or off.

Thats just my opinion...  ;)

Ishaan

Re: Why has the ARP RATE two different controls assigned for SYNC ON and OFF?
« Reply #4 on: December 01, 2012, 09:16:15 pm »
Actually this is due to technical issue.
We have 2 different parameters for ARP rate and each parameter (well almost each :)) can be assigned to MIDI CC. Maybe we could do something special for these and connect 2 params to the same CC.

Yes, you should do this.  I have been able to set up the SEM V for almost perfect MIDI control, but this is definitely an annoyance.  I should be able to use the same CC (or even a different CC) to control the synced/non-synced state of the arp, LFO, delay time, etc.  Right now I can only use the controller in one state. 

Adrien

Hi

About this I want to emphase the fact that assigning MIDI in your host is often better.
In fact we have MIDI assignment for hosts that don't do it.

But direct CC to parameter assignment will give you lower latency.

Best
Adrien Courdavault
DSP & Software engineer
Arturia

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines