March 19, 2024, 11:14:18 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Minibrute release date  (Read 20206 times)

Filip

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
Re: Minibrute release date
« Reply #15 on: May 28, 2012, 09:57:00 pm »
+1 for sporophore.
I have read a post somewhere that they are doing it for economic reasons,well let me tell you that they are making a big mistake if that is why they are holding it back for so long.
Here in Belgium people get vacationmoney in May and believe me in June they have spend their money on other stuff ,so if the minibrute comes out in half june  a lot of people wasted their money on other stuff.
For me personally I have the possibility to buy gear with a 10 percent discount from a dealer (10 day action till 6 june) and another dealer is doing an outlet week next week with nice discounts.
So if I don't get a sign from Arturia before 1 june my money is going to another synth company!
This forum looks like dead.
I hope that in the future there is more life here on this forum and that Arturia will give feedback on our questions.
 :'(

dexfx69

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #16 on: May 28, 2012, 11:01:57 pm »
I've sent a tech support request asking if the May 30 date is still the ship date. I'll update this post once I get a response.

Koshdukai

• Beta-testers
« Reply #17 on: May 29, 2012, 12:11:07 am »
Another question,do we have to let it warm up (like some other analog synths)before we could play it????
I think, like a true (modern) analog, it'll stabilize a couple of minutes after it's turned on. I've seen a comment saying so somewhere on the net (or a demo video) from someone that has/had one of the demo units

Filip

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #18 on: May 29, 2012, 09:56:58 pm »
WHHHHHHOOOOOOOOEEEEEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH ??? ::)

Filip

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #19 on: May 29, 2012, 09:58:44 pm »
RELEASE IT !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

sporophore

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #20 on: May 29, 2012, 11:47:17 pm »
And dont forget to bundle a free soft synth with it for deceiving us!!!

dexfx69

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #21 on: May 30, 2012, 03:13:43 am »
I've sent 2 support requests to Arturia re: is it still the May 30 release date, and no reply in a few days so far. Either they're too busy shipping the MiniBrutes, or they're hiding in shame to avoid bad PR, trying to hide the possibility that the ship date has been pushed forward yet again.

Here's hoping for the best!

dexfx69

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #22 on: May 30, 2012, 03:23:15 am »
OK, so BAD NEWS folks.

I just spoke to Musicians Friend, to verify their date of shipping on the MiniBrute, and their internal date to receive the first batch is early JULY. BUMMER!  >:(

I wish Arturia would be more honest and transparent about release dates. They are pissing off more than one potential buyer. Great product, but a major bungle on the release date debacle.

zedius

« Reply #23 on: May 30, 2012, 05:00:53 am »
I imagine May 30 is the release date that Arturia ships. They are located in France, so I suppose it is taking a couple of weeks to get to MF etc and get on the shelves. I don’t think Arturia is being dishonest with their release date.

I was told by JRR shop that they will get their shipment late May/Early July. So this seems in line with the MF date. I think it’s a North America vs Europe thing.

Most of the hassle regarding release dates has not come from Arturia, but from retailers giving us crazy expectations like late February. Please have some patience. If you’re in North America, and you preordered early, I think it’s safe to presume you will have this before August. I wouldn’t resign yourself to anything beyond that.

Filip

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #24 on: May 30, 2012, 10:14:59 am »
Zedius ,On the release date on the Arturia website was April,also on Namm they told everybody April.
You can't blame the shops for telling their customers April.
The communication of Arturia sucks hard.
I don't like this!
If I don't have it in 3 day's I'm buying another synth.
So now Arturia can release it faster because they have to made 1 less.
Even still no Manual?
What is this for a sick joke !
Goodby! >:(
F you Arturia!

Koshdukai

• Beta-testers
« Reply #25 on: May 30, 2012, 11:26:39 am »
Zedius ,On the release date on the Arturia website was April,also on Namm they told everybody April.
You can't blame the shops for telling their customers April.
The communication of Arturia sucks hard.
I don't like this!
If I don't have it in 3 day's I'm buying another synth.
So now Arturia can release it faster because they have to made 1 less.
Even still no Manual?
What is this for a sick joke !
Goodby! >:(
F you Arturia!

You know that there's always a more patient buyer waiting for "your" Minibrute, don't you? ;) No Minibrute will be homeless, that's for sure.
I'm also expecting a 30% backlash of n00b buyers not knowing what to do or how to take advantage of the Minibrute features, dumping it on eBay 1 month or 2 weeks later, so even those won't be homeless for long ;)

About the shipping dates, Arturia changed it once, from April to the end of May and that's it. I wouldn't be surprised if they had to change it again to the end of June due to all the current pressures on shipping/logistics and manufacturing issues the electronics industry in China is going through at this moment.

A lot of retailers "played" with unreal release dates. Some even referenced February! ...Arturia has nothing to do with those claims.

Also, if you think straight, you know deep inside that rushing the release of the Minibrute will end up in a lot of complaints and returned units with manufacturing defects due to the rushed Quality Control process.

Insight and patience is a good quality.
« Last Edit: May 30, 2012, 11:28:11 am by Koshdukai »

Steve Morley

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #26 on: May 30, 2012, 12:49:06 pm »
It is all good and well to understand the logistics and hope the time that delays have created is used to warrant a high quality product. But you can't deny that advertising a product that keeps being delayed by either the manufacturer or the retailers is not a great idea as you risk putting people off the product. Virtually every music shop has advertised this synth from the day it was announced meaning that Arturia must have given them some indication the release was near. Otherwise said shops would not waste their time as the product (like for example the Waldorf Stromberg) might not make it to full production.

I also think Arturia should handle their PR much better, inform people better and publish things like a manual in advance. It's not like they still have to write it (well I hope LOL).
It is vital with a product like this, a first real analog synth, to build trust with your potential clients. Delays and spars information is not achieving that.

Like many others I have pre-ordered a Minibrute, not because I like a new toy but simply because I need more variation in my sound palette at an affordable price to finish a few albums this year. By doing so I show my trust in the company and expect them to at least be upfront about any delays and reasons...not too much to ask I think....

Let's hope this release date is going to be honoured and the product rocks...if not I will have to withdraw my pre order and get something else as productions need to get finished. I don't have the luxury of telling record labels the product is delayed again....

Koshdukai

• Beta-testers
« Reply #27 on: May 30, 2012, 01:10:13 pm »
Let's hope this release date is going to be honoured and the product rocks...if not I will have to withdraw my pre order and get something else as productions need to get finished. I don't have the luxury of telling record labels the product is delayed again....
Yes, I agree, all good points.

I've been mentioning for a while that Arturia really needs a dedicated full time team (or an extra person) solely dedicated to social/PR, taking care of the company "face" among its customers, users and prospect buyers, getting back to customer requests and looking out for delays on Technical reports on a timely fashion.

Even if some of the issues are a tough nut to crack and/or there's so much requests that isn't currently possible, at least sending a reply 24hrs explaining why there's a delay would be appreciated and reassuring to some (not all, of course) of their (new) users.

About the release dates... well, only a few companies have refined that art to pure exact science and are able to state and comply with the date they initially made public.

Maybe Arturia will become one of those in the future ;)   ...until then, I can honestly say I'm ok with trading sliding shipping dates for quality (extremely important on non-firmware upgradable hardware products, like analog synths).

Filip

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #28 on: May 30, 2012, 01:24:01 pm »
Again,from the start they showed on the website Available in April.
Also on Namm the Arturia people are telling everybody April.
That changed in May to AVAILABLE 30 May.
Today is 30 May .
And it's not AVAILABLE!
Here's the defenition for the people that don't know what available means =

a·vail·a·ble  (-vl-bl)
adj.
1. Present and ready for use; at hand; accessible: kept a fire extinguisher available at all times.
2. Capable of being gotten; obtainable: a bedspread available in three colors.
3. Qualified and willing to serve or assist: a list of available candidates; was not available for comment.
a. Chemistry Capable of being used in a chemical reaction: available electrons.
b. Botany Present, as in soil, and capable of being used by plants as a nutrient: available water; available minerals.
5. Archaic
a. Capable of bringing about a beneficial result or effect.
b. Law Valid. Used especially of a plea.

Especially nr. 3 of this list of definitions is why I'm angry now!
Till today we never get any serious information from Arturia about the date when it should be Available or the questions about releasing the manual on this website.
Mails send to support are not answered and the mails that do get answered are useless.

This is such a bad start ,I don't trust this any longer !
I'm buying other gear.
I will never buy a minibrute !
This is how I am.
If a restaurant needs tomatoes and a shop don't have any, the restaurant will buy their tomatoes somewhere else.

Steve Morley

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #29 on: May 30, 2012, 01:29:56 pm »
I totally agree they need to work on their PR a bit, expanding the team would be an option I guess.

You have a valid point that with a product like this they have to get it right from the start as you don't have the luxury of updates/upgrades. I personally think most of us get a little nervous because there is no explanation about the nature of the delay which make you wonder if the product is actually going to be what they claim. Too often manufacturers make claims that are not met at all once the final product hits the shops.
I also think that normally with a product like this at such a low price you don't expect too much, but the videos going around create IMO high expectations.

I think we can all agree that is this synth is as good as it looks and sounds from those videos Arturia have a hit in their hands:)

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines