March 19, 2024, 07:56:11 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: PLEASE HELP ASAP---software not recognizing hardware!!!  (Read 3220 times)

White Wizard

PLEASE HELP ASAP---software not recognizing hardware!!!
« on: March 28, 2012, 08:18:40 pm »
Aloha!

This is an urgent post because I leave the US in 2 days (on thurs march 29) and I need to get this Player working before then!!!  I am recording a project in Peru so this is super important.

I just installed the software, no problems, the virtual synth on the screen works perfectly.

When I plug in the actual Player via USB, it lights up (the octave button blinks) but I can't get the software to acknowledge that it exists.  It doesn't control and sounds.

I have:
early 2011 Macbook Pro 15"
running Snow Leopard 10.6.8
2ghz Quad core processor
4 gig RAM

thank you so much for helping me with this mini-emergency!!!!
-Justin

vaikl

Re: PLEASE HELP ASAP---software not recognizing hardware!!!
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2012, 10:09:35 pm »
Check if the keyboard is listed in "File > Audio & MIDI Preferences" under "active MIDI inputs" and if the check box is ticked. If it is not there to make it active, then go to the Audio-MIDI-Setup of your macbook and open the MIDI window. If the keyboard isn't even listed there, then check USB cabling, especially if you are using a non-powered hub/port because the KB needs power over USB.

Keep in mind that the Player software needs some seconds to initialize its connection to the keyboard, you should see a little splash screen if all went good.

Manuel

• GTHC-Entertainment
    • MySpace
Re: PLEASE HELP ASAP---software not recognizing hardware!!!
« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2012, 01:24:30 am »
Hi Justin,

is the MCC recognizing the hardware? Or do you get the splash screen which says that it's not connected? If the MCC is recognizing the controller, then load the default values, send them to the keyboard, close the MCC and reboot the controller. Then check if The Player software will find it, too!

Check the advices by vaikl, because mine is only a suggestion!
(I run Windows XP SP3)

Good luck

Manuel

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines