March 19, 2024, 04:07:59 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Origin Hybrid Madness!  (Read 9142 times)

rcmusic

• Beta-testers
Origin Hybrid Madness!
« on: June 24, 2012, 01:35:56 pm »
After Hybrid Madness Sale! Here's  Origin Hybrid Madness.

Enjoy! ;)

audiosculpture12

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
Re: Origin Hybrid Madness!
« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2012, 02:31:46 pm »
Very, very cool. Are the controls from the factory mapped into the origin too?

JacksonP

• Beta-testers
« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2012, 03:42:24 pm »
Yeah, this hybrid looks great. Just one thing to concider: do you think Arturia analog factory quality meets Origin quality? I had two Analog F keyboards before I had enough and I got rid of them. Quality just wasn't what I wanted. But this was not meant to be kind of critic, just my personal opinion (mainly  pointed to those you concider buying AF controller for Origin...)

Speaking about keyboards, to those you have Origin keyboard: how does it feel compared to for example best midi-controllers like AKAI mpk's or Roland A-pros (that is what I use with my Origin desktop) or best Novations or M-audios...?

rcmusic

• Beta-testers
« Reply #3 on: June 24, 2012, 03:43:09 pm »
yes factory controls are working ;) thanx

rcmusic

• Beta-testers
« Reply #4 on: June 24, 2012, 03:47:36 pm »
Jackson> my factory is ok, the case is metal as you know so it's hard, the keys are a little cheap, but for the price we have aftertouch. I wanted to use the factory keyboard because it's 32 notes and it fits well in size withe origin (and 32 notes are rare) and because the colour is the same as the origin. Plus: i needed a keyboard with wood sides, as they are easy to modify or to make new ones. But i may consider buying a second one, in case of, but no problem so far with mine.
thanx for the comment ;)

JacksonP

• Beta-testers
« Reply #5 on: June 24, 2012, 07:29:47 pm »
I'm glad you're happy with your AF with Origin. It's true that those two match nicely together what comes to size and color scheme. And your hybrid is VERY well invented and implemented.

To my fingers this AF was just feeling little plastic (or like you said, "cheap"). Moreover, both units (original and replacement unit from Arturia) had same problem: they weren't even. You had to press some keys more than others to make it sound. Fortunately I found a simple way to fix it. Problem was that board which holds the rubber contacts (under keys) was too loose. After tightening it this problem was gone (and I had two functioning units!). Still I felt that AF was not my Origin controller; I know I want quite a lot from a keyboard to have good enough playing feeling. At the moment I have two options: A-pro 500 (49keys) and AKAI MINIAK (synthesizer with 37 keys). Both of them have a nice keyboard action to my fingers. Still I am always looking for better synth/MIDI-keyboards. IMO Origin deserves only the best.

(And yes, please give me impressions about Origin keyboard and its playing feeling. If it's brilliant I might some day trade my desktop to this keyboard version.... ;) )

rcmusic

• Beta-testers
« Reply #6 on: June 24, 2012, 10:39:11 pm »
Concerning origin keyboard, the keyboard is the same as the virus ti plus dual aftertouch as far as i know. If it's confirmed it's the same as virus ti, it's just the best touch on earth from my point of view

holografique

« Reply #7 on: July 17, 2012, 04:47:45 am »
brilliant setup. how much would you charge to make an additional pair of those side panels?

thanks.

stuey

• Spark Moderator
« Reply #8 on: July 17, 2012, 11:16:57 am »
Great side panels RC. Did you do the same for Spark. I just got my Spark and I know what they mean now by the panels, not that it bothers me, however, would Looove some wooden side panels for it.

Stuart
Mac 10.7.5
2.3Ghz Quad Core 'Clovertown'
8 Gb 667 RAM
SSD Boot Drive
Lynx Aurora 8
Lynx AES16
UAD LA 610 Mk 2
UAD 2 Duo
Arturia Spark
Arturia Analog Laboratory 61
Pro Tools 10.3.7
Arturia V Collection
Arturia Analog Laboratory
Arturia Brass 2
Ableton Live 8
Reason 6.5
Melodyne Studio 3

rcmusic

• Beta-testers
« Reply #9 on: July 17, 2012, 05:25:00 pm »
brilliant setup. how much would you charge to make an additional pair of those side panels?

thanks.

it would cost at least 200€ + shipping. what is difficult is to recreate the place to put the metal fixation of the factory. The guy who helped on this told me a took some times and that it was not so easy. thanx a lot for your comment

rcmusic

• Beta-testers
« Reply #10 on: July 17, 2012, 05:27:13 pm »
Great side panels RC. Did you do the same for Spark. I just got my Spark and I know what they mean now by the panels, not that it bothers me, however, would Looove some wooden side panels for it.

Stuart

thanx. well, not yet, actually i don't know if i will make it. the screw are in a difficult place on the spark. Plus, i won't do/try it  while my spark is under warranty (21 months )

stuey

• Spark Moderator
« Reply #11 on: July 17, 2012, 05:43:02 pm »
Yeah, know what you mean. I wouldn't want to void the warranty having just got it today :)
Great idea tho RC, really gives that classic look. The Maschine ones are cool too, there's loads of custom stuff floating around for the Maschine, like different knobs, different coloured cases, pads etc.. Wonder if we'll get that for Spark?

Maybe that's a business idea for you along with Origin panels:)

Stuart 

Mac 10.7.5
2.3Ghz Quad Core 'Clovertown'
8 Gb 667 RAM
SSD Boot Drive
Lynx Aurora 8
Lynx AES16
UAD LA 610 Mk 2
UAD 2 Duo
Arturia Spark
Arturia Analog Laboratory 61
Pro Tools 10.3.7