March 19, 2024, 10:16:34 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Will the Minibrute able to make organ and piano like sounds??  (Read 5833 times)

foreg2009

Hello I'm a guitarist whos in a post-rock experimental ban, Im also looking for new sounds for my song writing.

I love the unique sounds you can make with the Minibrute, but am also wondering if I will be able to make convincing organ and piano sounds? Any suggestions for small compact sized keyboards with organ sounds?

2ndly I was wondering I will be able to run the Minibrute infront of my reverb and delay guitar pedals?

thanks!!

zedius

Re: Will the Minibrute able to make organ and piano like sounds??
« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2012, 10:07:54 pm »
I'm sure this has no convincing piano and organ sounds, and it is monophonic so even if it did you couldn't play chords. If you want to play unique and fascinating new sounds and not break the bank this board is for you. If you want an all in one, it's definitely not.

I would suggest a used workstation of some kind if you want cool sounds AND actual instrument emulation in the same price point. Ive no experience with Nords, but I hear they are great for piano and organ and synth sounds. Maybe not the same price point though.

Mayb blofeld?

Koshdukai

• Beta-testers
« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2012, 08:04:05 am »
Adding to the above and to what's been replied to you at harmony-central.com, let me remind you that there's an audio in that you could use to apply MiniBrute's filter to your guitar as an extra effect :) ...but to be practical, you'd need a CV out pedal to control it.

HUROLURA

« Reply #3 on: March 15, 2012, 08:56:53 am »
I wouldn't expect some convincing result in term of "real" piano or organ sound.
Just keep in mind the Minibrute is monophonic so no chord playing would be possible.
But rather than a all-in-one workstation compromise solution, why not building yourself a small setup aarngerd around a good choice of elements including the minibrute used for its own sound and as a small masterkeyboard to trigger some sounds from other compact devices dedicated to organ or piano sound.
For cheap, compact and good sounding organ sound, you could check the Ferrofish B4000+.
Regarding the piano sound , maybe an also compact size SM Pro Audio V-machine based piano VSTi could do the trick (but you would need a PC to set it up).
And as both B4000+ and V-machine have audio inputs, you wouln't necessary need to have a small mixer and could decide to use any of these 3 elements when you need them.

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines