March 28, 2024, 08:08:57 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: UNISON TRICK!!!!!  (Read 5874 times)

Oberman

• Beta-testers
  • Apprentice
  • It's Ober-Time!
    • SoundCloud
UNISON TRICK!!!!!
« on: February 20, 2012, 12:26:09 am »
 ;D

Yup, I figured out a way to get unison. The best part? You don't need anything but the synth... no external effects, nothing.....

Here's a (highly compressed) sound demo that I've uploaded to SoundCloud:

http://soundcloud.com/synthoid/four-voice-unison

So, how do I do it? Simple.

On any patch SIMPLE patch (no envelope stuff or the trick won't work), do the following:

1: Turn on the Arpeggiator, and flip the "Sync" switch on...... (also, make sure that the arp is set to ONLY 1 octave. Not 2, not 3, not 4... just 1.

2: Turn the rate ALL THE WAY UP. (You could probably put your host's rate up aswell)

3: Make sure that ENV-1 has zero attack, lots of decay and full sustain.

4: Use the programmer to detune the voice cards to your liking.... If you DON'T do this, you won't get anything resembling that classic Oberheim unison... just...... well, something digitally perfect. Detune that shit, mess with the filters to.

That should be it. I have yet to see if changing the Voice patterns has any effect on this little trick. Obviously there are shortcomings here. Like how you can't use the envelopes.... Seeing as the sound is just an arpeggiator repeating itself really quickly, if you were to add ENV-2 into the equation, you'd just get crackling as the enveloper re triggered at light speed. But hey! It's Unison non the less....

ARTURIA, this will hold me for a while, but PLEASE, get a proper Unison mode in there!

[IV. Cygnus: Bringer Of Balance]

I have memory and awareness
But I have no shape or form
As a disembodied spirit
I am dead and yet unborn
I have passed into Olympus
As was told in tales of old
To the city of Immortals
Marble white and purest gold...

MadeInMachines

Re: UNISON TRICK!!!!!
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2012, 03:55:37 am »
Thanks loads  ;D Sounds absolutely awesome - If/When they bring this feature it will sound amazingly fat!!!

Oberman

• Beta-testers
  • Apprentice
  • It's Ober-Time!
    • SoundCloud
« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2012, 06:38:45 pm »
Oh yeah! I just hope that the developers heard this for themselves.... I mean, if it sounds this good just using this method, imagine what it would sound like with use of ENV2!!!
[IV. Cygnus: Bringer Of Balance]

I have memory and awareness
But I have no shape or form
As a disembodied spirit
I am dead and yet unborn
I have passed into Olympus
As was told in tales of old
To the city of Immortals
Marble white and purest gold...

Kevin

• http://www.arturia.com
« Reply #3 on: February 28, 2012, 08:54:59 am »
I think we will add this in a future update but I can not tell you when.
This is quite some work to do it.

Best
Kevin
Kevin
Soft Arturia

Ctopher7

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #4 on: May 23, 2012, 02:10:13 am »
Poly-unision would be nice also. For now, I can simulate this by running two or more instances of SEM and detune one slightly. Great for those rich string sounds.

chilly7

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #5 on: August 07, 2012, 05:08:13 am »
I think it would be better, to add possibilities to use 8 or 4 modules like it was possible on oberheim 8 and 4, and then in addition to unison we would have some very extra possibilities , like for example set ech module differently and then play polyphonicaly ," 8 voice programmer" is a nice thing but it is really limited and u canno do many thing then if it would be possible with 8 or 4 separate modules like on thebreal Oberhaim 8 and 4 was possible.

He are nice videos which will blows ur mind :
1) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HeF0i2saxjc&feature=plcp
2) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dNQfzF2LvSs&feature=BFa&list=FLeMEQayGrMd3VRmuxp8n4cA
« Last Edit: August 07, 2012, 05:11:29 am by chilly7 »

aaron aardvark

« Reply #6 on: September 15, 2012, 08:34:46 am »
I suggest trying this in your DAW: record a track using the DAW sequencer.  Then open another track, with the same sequencer notes.  Start with the same SEM-V patch, but this time make various (non-automated knob tweaks) changes so it is a bit different.  It fattened up the sound a bit like unison.  It pays to experiment.

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines