April 25, 2024, 01:09:40 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Update and Tech Support Problem  (Read 2939 times)

paullawler

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
Update and Tech Support Problem
« on: February 14, 2012, 07:28:09 pm »
When I added my license to the e-licenser I noticed that in my account it suddenly said I had no instruments registered !!?? I told Arturia about this when I tried to update Analog Factory to version 2.5 last year and it stopped being visible in Logic 9

I tried to update Analog Factory again yesterday and the same thing happened. I followed the previous answer from tech support about also updating the e-license software but the version I have is newer than the version provided in the download software.

Today tech support said they cannot help me as I have no instrument registered.

I explained once again why that had happened, I sent a screenshot of the actual license in my elicense software, a copy of the purchase email from Dolphin Music, and the serial number from the bottom of the keyboard.

The reply from tech support was this :
The serial number should written on the registration card which is your only proof of ownership, and in your case you don't have the instrument registered under your account and no registration card so in our point of view you don't own this Analog Factory.

and so that seems to be that. It doesn't matter that I have a fully working e-license which they authorised, a serial number for the keyboard and proof of purchase.

More to the point, I cannot get the new update to work. It says there is an error installing and I should contact the manufacturer.

Does anybody have a similar experience which they have solved ?

I'm obviously going to have to contact Trading Standards about Arturia as a company because this is disgraceful and utterly unhelpful, not to mention arrogant.
I'll never buy from them again.  :-\

Koshdukai

• Beta-testers
Re: Update and Tech Support Problem
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2012, 09:56:50 pm »
I was reading your post and I didn't understand something.

What happens when you try to ADD a product on your account page ?
http://www.arturia.com/evolution/en/community/my-account.html

(scroll down to the "My Registered Products" section)

paullawler

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2012, 10:57:10 pm »
Well I'm not trying to add my product as I dont have the original serial number to hand.
I was trying to get technical support to assist me with a problem, but since putting my AF license on the e-licensor, and it subsequently vanishing from my Arturia account, tech support have more or less said, tough luck, I cant see your AF registration in your account so bugger off, even though I have provided the things mentioned above, and it is this (apart from the actual problem) that I find astonishing.

paullawler

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #3 on: February 15, 2012, 04:14:44 pm »
SO I found my serial number, the very same one I initially got the e-license with and re-registered the instrument. I also sent this information to tech support who are still completely ignoring me while answering others today within a few minutes.

I guess the real issue here is that tech support ignore you when they dont have an answer or they invent problems in order to stall you.

Just what you need when you have deadlines coming out of your ears !

Antoine

« Reply #4 on: February 16, 2012, 10:35:50 am »
Hi Paul,
I personally processed your case this morning. Hope everything is now solved.
All the best,
Antoine.
ex-Arturian

paullawler

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #5 on: February 16, 2012, 10:39:35 am »
No of course it isn't as you didn't read about the problem you replied to and presumed it was a basic registration problem.
Please read my email reply.
thanks.

paullawler

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #6 on: February 16, 2012, 10:48:23 am »
ps: even the thread title is a bit of a give away to the problem.

paullawler

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #7 on: February 17, 2012, 02:08:07 pm »
so tech support finally answered my question and said sorry for the rude reply, but I had already wasted many hours and finally figured out the update problem for myself, found the serial number, re-registered to actually prove I had bought the product etc so it was really too little too late.

They have asked me to now edit my forum posts to reflect that they have helped, so here you go.

Good job guys !

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines