March 28, 2024, 02:35:57 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: arturia minibrute  (Read 25090 times)

Sweep

Re: arturia minibrute
« Reply #30 on: January 24, 2012, 09:03:03 pm »
I think that's an excellent summary of the potential of the MiniBrute and the questions that need to be asked/answered. (Or maybe I'm just happy to see someone else who thinks like I do.) The potential of the MIDI/CV options attracts me as well, and the chained polyphony question is an important one.

Over the last week I've thought about my initial response to the MiniBrute. My positive thoughts about the MIDI/CV aspect are still there, but also I'm not so down on the short keyboard as I was initially. I'd still like to see a rack version, but presumably Arturia needed to settle on one basic format to get the synth on the market and see what response there is. Weighing the pros and cons of that, I can see how the small keyboard fits the `go anywhere' ethos of this synth. It's compact, but so long as you've got an amp to plug into, it'll do something good without any fuss. On balance I think that was a good decision.

Fuseball

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #31 on: January 25, 2012, 10:38:02 pm »
I very much like the portability of the smaller format.  I would probably use it driven by a sequencer or larger keyboard in the studio though.

My only concern with the portability is the time it would take the VCO to get up to temperature and therefore be in tune.  My Mg takes about 15 minutes to be usable which is less than ideal for gigging.

Despite being used to MIDI controlled synths I really love that the MiniBrute has no CC handling (and consequently no fear of stepping on the filter etc.) and no patch saving.  I'm sure it will feel more like an instrument, instantly hands-on tweakable, as a result of this.

Can't wait to play with one in a couple of months time...

Antoine

« Reply #32 on: January 26, 2012, 09:29:11 am »
My only concern with the portability is the time it would take the VCO to get up to temperature and therefore be in tune.  My Mg takes about 15 minutes to be usable which is less than ideal for gigging.
Depending on external temperature conditions, it can take up to 5 minutes before the synth be pitch-stable.
After that, the MiniBrute is remarkably stable in temperature during hours; the core of the VCO is maintained in an internal "high" temperature environment, so its stays relatively insensible to external temperature variations (at least endurable by human beings).
ex-Arturian

dexfx69

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #33 on: February 04, 2012, 06:27:38 am »
The thing that makes this synth a Godsend for me, is that it is a true VCO design (and you can hear it in the sound compared to DCOs or even Mg's modern VCOs with digital memory scanning etc), with quickly accessible excellent sound capabilities and control. I never thought I'd see the day when a unit of this quality is released at that price.

UPDATE JULY 17: and at this rate, I may never see the day.  :'(
« Last Edit: July 18, 2012, 05:45:19 am by dexfx69 »

synthlabs

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #34 on: February 27, 2012, 07:47:18 pm »
will it come in (arturia cream colour) as well.
No cream nor light-cyan this time.
New color scheme for the analog beast: industrial style, grey/black backgorund with white printings, serviceable for dark stages.

Oh PLEASE!!! Consider making several different colors. I'll buy several. It worked great for that old synth front he 80's that the red ones still go for over a grand.

I'd buy two neon green ones right now-)

and before I get knocked for talking color over sound, I played it at NAMM. I'm sold on the sound. Now I just need some colors.

Synthlabs

Terrym

• Global Moderator
    • soundcloud.com/logicaldream
« Reply #35 on: February 27, 2012, 08:44:30 pm »
will it come in (arturia cream colour) as well.
No cream nor light-cyan this time.
New color scheme for the analog beast: industrial style, grey/black backgorund with white printings, serviceable for dark stages.

Oh PLEASE!!! Consider making several different colors. I'll buy several. It worked great for that old synth front he 80's that the red ones still go for over a grand.

I'd buy two neon green ones right now-)

and before I get knocked for talking color over sound, I played it at NAMM. I'm sold on the sound. Now I just need some colors.

Synthlabs
i second that i would like a red  one please ,i don't need another grey synth arturia
so im not buying. but a nice limited edition  in red might temp me though.
TerryM
ARTURIA Tester for Minifreak,All software Polybrute,Keystep pro,Audiofuse range, Microfreak,Kl49mkII,DrumBrute,Spark,Analog lab3,KLE,kl88,matrix12,Semv,Beatstep,Minibrute 2,Pigments
ASC,Vcol6, Beatstep pro, VCOL8, Synclavier v.Minibrute2s

Filip

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #36 on: March 09, 2012, 03:05:55 pm »
Hi,Im new here .
Can anyone tell me what is the fastest way to have a mini brute in my studio(without robbing Arturia)!

1  Is it faster to order one on a webshop like thoman or bax nl.
2  Or is it faster to wait till you can order on the Arturia website?

Is it possible to pre order by Arturia?
If a shop like thoman is faster witch shop do you guy's or girls recommend me.
I live in stupid Belgium and I don't think I will get him here very fast by the dealers over here.
They are terrible in service etc....
Now tell me  1 or 2 or....?
Oh yeah ,
Arturia thank you for making my dream synth.
Now back to work !!!!And make another one with the same concept but polyphonic and with reverb and delay!!!!
I will buy it and I will make other people buy it to!!!
Thanks for reading this and I hope to get an answer on my question.
VIVA ARTURIA!!!!!!!!

scttcmpbll

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #37 on: May 02, 2012, 03:42:01 am »
Will the minibrute be able to control other midi synths via the arpeggiator?

jimtheswede

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #38 on: May 02, 2012, 04:00:39 am »
I am somewhat surprised that the users manual isn't available yet.....

Anyone at Arturia out there to answer?  If it was online, many questions would be answered.

Thanks!

Antoine

« Reply #39 on: May 03, 2012, 06:23:43 am »
The MiniBrute user's manual will be available shortly before the units are in stores.
ex-Arturian

zedius

« Reply #40 on: May 03, 2012, 06:19:17 pm »
Thanks, but ouch!

I would think that since the product was originally intended for release in April, that the user manual must be complete. I can't see the point of withholding it, and releasing it would be one easy way of pacifying customers who have been given delays.

There are still many unanswered questions about this synthesizer, and so there are surely many undecided customers who might need to see the manual before purchase.

Cord

« Reply #41 on: May 06, 2012, 02:43:55 am »
First round is pretty much sold out. You will have plenty of time to read the manual while you are waiting for the second batch!  :o

zedius

« Reply #42 on: May 07, 2012, 06:03:44 am »
I pre-ordered the first round on the 3rd day after press release. So I’ve had plenty of time to wait already!

Anyway, one of my burning questions was answered by audiocentralmagazine yesterday:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FV-RvrOowQo

Arpeggio outputs CV!!! This is looking perfectly integratable with a future modular system! :D

zedius

« Reply #43 on: May 28, 2012, 09:46:17 pm »
Getting pretty antsy over here!  Eager to determine the meaning of "Shortly before" wrt user manual. It seems it's not weeks; here's hoping it's days! Perhaps hours? Seconds? Negative hours?

Either way, it's exciting to know that this time next week we'll all be watching nerdy unboxing videos and getting even antsier!!!

zedius

« Reply #44 on: May 31, 2012, 05:39:55 pm »
Negative hours it is! Negative days? Minibrutes are on their way out the door, so some rev of the manual must be complete. Please upload it!

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines