March 28, 2024, 08:36:56 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: arturia minibrute  (Read 25100 times)

Koshdukai

• Beta-testers
Re: arturia minibrute
« Reply #15 on: January 20, 2012, 02:31:22 pm »
I think this one "stole the thunder" from many other products at NAMM.

Indeed. I've been following this since the first leaks of info and how the buzz has been growing in forums and now in blogs and established websites.

This "little" synth dropped like a bomb at WNAMM2012 and mostly, the web :)

Congratz Arturia for such a well feature packed, well priced and perfectly timed product launch! :)

Now... to start saving some cash for April :D

Fiction

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #16 on: January 20, 2012, 02:46:04 pm »
Congratulation Arturia !!!
Amazing new synth. I want one !!
Is it possible to pre-order this MiniBrute ?? where ??

Thanks again.

Terrym

• Global Moderator
    • soundcloud.com/logicaldream
« Reply #17 on: January 20, 2012, 08:49:14 pm »
Congratulation Arturia !!!
Amazing new synth. I want one !!
Is it possible to pre-order this MiniBrute ?? where ??

Thanks again.

hi i saw on sweetwater.com there for sale now for 499 dollers
TerryM
ARTURIA Tester for Minifreak,All software Polybrute,Keystep pro,Audiofuse range, Microfreak,Kl49mkII,DrumBrute,Spark,Analog lab3,KLE,kl88,matrix12,Semv,Beatstep,Minibrute 2,Pigments
ASC,Vcol6, Beatstep pro, VCOL8, Synclavier v.Minibrute2s

Koshdukai

• Beta-testers
« Reply #18 on: January 21, 2012, 01:09:18 pm »
hi i saw on sweetwater.com there for sale now for 499 dollers

That's something I'm not getting... This site is listing it at 549USD but on every NAMM video, I see all Arturia booth demo guys mention 499USD!

....guess that's what the street price will end up being, right?

HUROLURA

« Reply #19 on: January 21, 2012, 07:58:02 pm »
Maybe it would be good to open a MiniBrute Specific forum just next to the ORIGIN ...

states

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #20 on: January 22, 2012, 10:03:10 am »
Maybe it would be good to open a MiniBrute Specific forum just next to the ORIGIN ...

+1

Antoine

« Reply #21 on: January 23, 2012, 10:52:14 am »
Done!  :)
ex-Arturian

Koshdukai

• Beta-testers
« Reply #22 on: January 23, 2012, 12:13:20 pm »
...and thread moved to it!

Great, thank you! :D

JacksonP

• Beta-testers
« Reply #23 on: January 23, 2012, 07:58:56 pm »
Congratulations Arturia! MiniBrute was probably the most interesting product in winter NAMM 2012!

To myself (as I am mainly a live stage player) this 2-octave keyboard is just too short. So I'd personally like to have 37-key model or module instead. Maybe we'll see one or both in the future...?

jmcecil

« Reply #24 on: January 23, 2012, 10:46:23 pm »
ack, before the "but" ... lets start with the fact that this looks like a great device.  Great features, that hopefully will sound awesome when demoed.

BUT

tell me you have a keyboardless one in the works please?
cpu:i7 980x - RAM:12gb -  OS:Win8x64 - Interface:Lynx Aurora, Komplete Audio 6 -  MIDI:Midisport 4x4, Quadra Thru -
Host: Cubase 6.5/7 x64 | Reaper 4.5 x64 |Wavelab 8 x64 - Arturia Stuff: V Collection | Spark | Keylab 61

electro808kat

« Reply #25 on: January 24, 2012, 04:10:09 am »
Being an analogue synthesist fanboy the Arturia MiniBrute MonoSynth was definitely a stand-out product from NAMM2012. Yes it does remind me of the Roland SH-101 from the eighties, my very first synth I bought as a teenager! The video with MiniBrute/Spark showed off how great these two Arturia machines sounded together! Lets hope Arturia create a patch libarian/editor to store created sounds/patches.
I guess I'm gonna lose myself in endless hours of knob twidlling...once again, bring ON the MiniBrute Arturia...unleash the beast!

Antoine

« Reply #26 on: January 24, 2012, 11:02:00 am »
Can't say any word on the ongoing projects, sorry.
Sure, a rack version immediately comes to mind for any homestudist and live performer, but I won't confirm nor deny anything.
For the very moment, please enjoy the keyboard version.  :)
ex-Arturian

Antoine

« Reply #27 on: January 24, 2012, 11:09:19 am »
Lets hope Arturia create a patch libarian/editor to store created sounds/patches.
Knobs and faders are not digitally driven, so there won't be other presets saving than human-driven: filled patch sheets, photo shot, good brain memory...
In all cases this unit is so intuitive that sooner or later the keyboardist "thinks" MiniBrute and knows how to program the desired sound in seconds.
I guess I'm gonna lose myself in endless hours of knob twidlling...once again, bring ON the MiniBrute Arturia...unleash the beast!
It was really difficult here to do "testing" without starting "playing". :D
Beyond being a straightforward and efficient instrument, this beast really is a fun machine. More than being biased, I'm clearly in love.
ex-Arturian

jmcecil

« Reply #28 on: January 24, 2012, 01:29:48 pm »
Can't say any word on the ongoing projects, sorry.
Sure, a rack version immediately comes to mind for any homestudist and live performer, but I won't confirm nor deny anything.
For the very moment, please enjoy the keyboard version.  :)
Yes, I would want the rack version for live use.  So, get the hacksaw out and get busy! ;D
cpu:i7 980x - RAM:12gb -  OS:Win8x64 - Interface:Lynx Aurora, Komplete Audio 6 -  MIDI:Midisport 4x4, Quadra Thru -
Host: Cubase 6.5/7 x64 | Reaper 4.5 x64 |Wavelab 8 x64 - Arturia Stuff: V Collection | Spark | Keylab 61

Koshdukai

• Beta-testers
« Reply #29 on: January 24, 2012, 03:11:37 pm »
The current MiniBrute version is perfect as the all-in-one basic true analog synth for anyone wanting to enter the analog world. Also a great addition for a eurorack type modular synth enthusiast, with its added feature of CV<->MIDI/USB interfacing, besides acting as a new VCO+VCF "module" :)

Those that already have enough keyboards and the CV/MIDI issue solved may only be interest in the rack version, but that will also be a no brainer for existing MiniBrute users:

MiniBrute's CV out to the module and it's audio back to MiniBrute's audio in = 2xVCOs 2 serial VCFs

One can only wish that loosing all the digital sections of the keyb, wheels and possibly the arp will give some room for the added feature of digital (MIDI) control of all the analog parameters. That would be awesome for DAW users wanting to control a pure analog source (with preset recall).

I'm curious if the current MiniBrute version is capable of chained polyphony mode where 1st note is played internally and 2nd note is sent through CV (to get at least duophonic behavior).

Edit: It would be cool if that behavior could at least be added in a future firmware upgrade (since I think the keyb logic is still digital) and turned on/off through MIDI if there's no hardware switch for that already.
« Last Edit: January 24, 2012, 06:46:15 pm by Koshdukai »

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines