March 19, 2024, 09:14:42 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Arp Sequencer Help  (Read 5887 times)

vibes

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
Arp Sequencer Help
« on: April 09, 2011, 08:37:04 pm »
Hi

I need a bit of advice with the Arp sequencer.  Im just working through the walkthroughs in the manual and i cant get the sequencer to trigger.  Im connecting the quantised out a to the kbd cv but the sequencer doesnt trigger.  I was using the 1 osc sinus patch in the template folder.  ive looked at a template sequencer patch and connected the default sinus patch the same.

Ideally i would just like to be able to start with a totally default sound and then build it up myself but im just completely baffled why its not working

any help would be great

cheers

Gothboy

• Dymaxion Vehicle
Re: Arp Sequencer Help
« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2011, 12:39:23 am »
Try using the the sequencer templates where it's all set up in advance!
Mac Pro 3.1,2x2.80 GHz. Intel Xeon Quad core 16GB RAM
2 OS drives: El Capitain 10.11.6\Mountain Lion 10.8.5 Ableton Live Suite 9.7.7\10.0.2
V collection 3, SparkLE 2.1, Beatstep

crabber338

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #2 on: November 30, 2011, 04:04:38 pm »
I need a bit of advice with the Arp sequencer.  Im just working through the walkthroughs in the manual and i cant get the sequencer to trigger.  Im connecting the quantised out a to the kbd cv but the sequencer doesnt trigger. 

You can defiantly start with a Sequencer preset to get started. It will help you identify what you need to do to make your own seqs work.

Did you set a clock rate when you had this problem? Without a clock rate triggering off the steps, you're not going to get a sequence.

The ARP2600 V sequencer is a little weird, but it also allows for interesting patching ideas.

Prosperus

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #3 on: January 23, 2012, 04:00:05 pm »
m connecting the quantised out a to the kbd cv but the sequencer doesnt trigger. 

Connecting the quantised out to the kbd cv-labeled modulation input does something different. The kbd cv is actually the control voltage that (among other things) allows you to control the pitch of the oscillators' sound with your keyboard. It is internally wired to all three oscillators so that you can use the keyboard to control their pitch (if you don't understand what I mean by this you have to go through the manual from the beginning on).

Now, if you connect another source to the modulation input labeled 'kbd cv', what you actually do is override the kbd cv control and replace it by something else. For example, wiring the quantised out of the sequencer to the kbd cv modulation input means that the pitch is now controlled by the sequencer instead of the kbd cv.

Now, for the other part of your question: to trigger the sequencer (assuming you want to trigger it with your keyboard) you have to connect the gate output to the start/stop input of the sequencer.

Hope this helps. I think it would be good to read the manual from the beginning on again if you don't get my advice.

starbearer

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #4 on: January 29, 2013, 02:55:41 am »
I really wish folks at Arturia would take a few minutes to create a few short videos for us newbies. (not that i'm a newbie to synth playing, but the 2600 is a frig'n beast of science project).

I know... there's a manual, but... the print is small... I just wanna see a video and make connections and play as the person in the video does it.

must be annoying to hear so much complaints, but again in the end I really love these synths. I feel no reason to use anything else. I'm really really picky about how soft synths sound and I've heard many of them. Especially in regards to the 2600... superb.

But yes... some videos please, Arturia. That would really rock.

Perhaps one day when I've mastered a few more things on this I should make a video or two...

« Last Edit: January 29, 2013, 03:02:14 am by starbearer »

starbearer

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #5 on: February 05, 2013, 05:29:49 am »
for instance... I would really love to figure out how to make the sequencer stop AND reset when I have lifted my finger off of the key. I'm try to accomplish this for a song I'm working on. Any thoughts?

(5 minutes later...) I had to plug it into the start/stop... duh... Sorry guys.
« Last Edit: February 05, 2013, 05:36:36 am by starbearer »

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines