March 28, 2024, 06:34:09 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Spark v1.4 Massive Bug? (IAC Driver Spark1 Midi OUT)  (Read 9670 times)

Lisapower1

Spark v1.4 Massive Bug? (IAC Driver Spark1 Midi OUT)
« on: January 03, 2012, 02:10:20 am »
Hi, ;)

Please, i realy need some help!

- First Problem!

I want to use the Spark Controller with Logic Pro, (i don't need the Patterns) so if i hit a drumPad Logic would record it.
Right now it records only the midi note but not the Sound. i mean i can hear the Sound when i hit the pad, but if i play back the recorded file it plays those Patterns not what i have recorded. By playing spark on my Master Keyboard M-Audio Keystation Pro, Logic records just fine. but the Spark Controller dont. (The Patterns are always running by pressing play in Logic: that's anoying.)

i followed this Guide: http://www.arturia.net/downloads/spark/manual/Spark_1_4_What_s_new.pdf (Page 5)

And this is what i get. When i go to preferences in Spark where the midi settings are: it says:
"WOULD USE "IAC Driver Spark1 Midi OUT" BUT THE PORT DOESN'T EXIST"

What can i do?

- Second Problem:

i realy would like to know what the deal with this Message is:

Warning: MIDI Ports - You need to turn off some MIDI connections in your sequencer Software. Please go to your sequencer's MIDI settings and turn off "Spark Private In" and "Spark Private Out"

Does this Message appear because something is wrong, or is it a Standard Pop up? i know, i can uncheck the box. but, Hmmm i dont get it.

i only have connected a MasterKeyboard M-audio Keystation 88 Pro.
In Logic Pro in the Midi settings i can't find any info about Spark private Out or whatever to disable.

Please, i have Spark now 3 Weeks and i would like to make some music. i'm not an engineer.

The Arturia Spark is a great Controller and has fat Sounds, i would like to keep this Baby. but only if i can use it in Logic of corse.

Any Help is welcome. (maybe a video Tutorial how to use with Logic Pro)

Thanks in advance

Mac Pro quad Core 2.6GHz
6GB Ram
Lion 10.7.2
Logic Pro 9.1.6
Arturia Spark (connected via USB)
Audio Interface: M-Audio firewire 410 (connected via FireWire 400)
MasterKeyboard M-Audio Keystation Pro 88 (connected via USB)
« Last Edit: January 03, 2012, 02:31:06 am by Lisapower1 »

Terrym

• Global Moderator
    • soundcloud.com/logicaldream
Re: Spark v1.4 Massive Bug? (IAC Driver Spark1 Midi OUT)
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2012, 04:07:59 pm »
Hi , i have tried this in logic too im not a big logic user but i tried spark in 64bit and 32bit with no joy. even though logic can see the port spark1 midi out ,seems like spark cannot.
so it look like a bug .

regards

terrym
TerryM
ARTURIA Tester for Minifreak,All software Polybrute,Keystep pro,Audiofuse range, Microfreak,Kl49mkII,DrumBrute,Spark,Analog lab3,KLE,kl88,matrix12,Semv,Beatstep,Minibrute 2,Pigments
ASC,Vcol6, Beatstep pro, VCOL8, Synclavier v.Minibrute2s

Lisapower1

« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2012, 02:24:28 am »
I Got it finaly to work in Logic Pro! ;D

i Disabled the Mackie Control in Logic's Preferences. I had it before in use with my iPad to control Logic Pro. Now it works.

but there is still one Problem:

When i hit Record on Logic and record a FX with Sparks FX Pad, it will not give me back the same result by playing back in logic. It looks like it plays the FX one time like this, and one time like that. absolutly not in Sync with Logic.

thanks
« Last Edit: January 10, 2012, 10:13:31 pm by Lisapower1 »

dbrownstein

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #3 on: February 24, 2012, 06:52:35 pm »
I am having the same problem in Digital Performer 7.24. Hope you guys will fix this bug. muchas gracias!

Emilie

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #4 on: March 19, 2012, 03:22:59 pm »
Hi, ;)

Please, i realy need some help!

- First Problem!

I want to use the Spark Controller with Logic Pro, (i don't need the Patterns) so if i hit a drumPad Logic would record it.
Right now it records only the midi note but not the Sound. i mean i can hear the Sound when i hit the pad, but if i play back the recorded file it plays those Patterns not what i have recorded. By playing spark on my Master Keyboard M-Audio Keystation Pro, Logic records just fine. but the Spark Controller dont. (The Patterns are always running by pressing play in Logic: that's anoying.)

i followed this Guide: http://www.arturia.net/downloads/spark/manual/Spark_1_4_What_s_new.pdf (Page 5)

And this is what i get. When i go to preferences in Spark where the midi settings are: it says:
"WOULD USE "IAC Driver Spark1 Midi OUT" BUT THE PORT DOESN'T EXIST"

What can i do?

- Second Problem:

i realy would like to know what the deal with this Message is:

Warning: MIDI Ports - You need to turn off some MIDI connections in your sequencer Software. Please go to your sequencer's MIDI settings and turn off "Spark Private In" and "Spark Private Out"

Does this Message appear because something is wrong, or is it a Standard Pop up? i know, i can uncheck the box. but, Hmmm i dont get it.

i only have connected a MasterKeyboard M-audio Keystation 88 Pro.
In Logic Pro in the Midi settings i can't find any info about Spark private Out or whatever to disable.

Please, i have Spark now 3 Weeks and i would like to make some music. i'm not an engineer.

The Arturia Spark is a great Controller and has fat Sounds, i would like to keep this Baby. but only if i can use it in Logic of corse.

Any Help is welcome. (maybe a video Tutorial how to use with Logic Pro)

Thanks in advance

Mac Pro quad Core 2.6GHz
6GB Ram
Lion 10.7.2
Logic Pro 9.1.6
Arturia Spark (connected via USB)
Audio Interface: M-Audio firewire 410 (connected via FireWire 400)
MasterKeyboard M-Audio Keystation Pro 88 (connected via USB)

Hi,

1/ Do you want to record audio or midi from Spark?
This Guide: http://www.arturia.net/downloads/spark/manual/Spark_1_4_What_s_new.pdf is for recording Midi from Logic.
To record audio, you need to create an audio track into Logic, set Spark track output to a bus (bus 1 for example) and set the same bus as input of your audio track.

2/ About the IAC Driver Spark1 Midi OUT, you need to add it using audio & midi setup Application. (as explained in the guide)

3/ You can prevent Spark to start when you press play in Logic: turn off the host button on Spark toolbar.

Hope this help,
Best,
Emilie

Lisapower1

« Reply #5 on: March 31, 2012, 01:11:27 am »
Thanks Emilie for answering.

it helps me a lot.  ;)

cheers

kthdrums

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #6 on: June 18, 2012, 03:11:30 pm »
I have created a "Spark 1 Midi OUT" IAC Driver, but I still get an error in Spark preferences "would use Spark 1 Midi OUT but the Port doesn't exist."

Unfortunately, I am using Spark in GarageBand, not Logic (I know I have to upgrade. The band I'm working with is in preproduction, and all the files are GarageBand files and they want to keep it that way) so I can not setup the Environment.

Anyone have a solution for this?

Explendidos

« Reply #7 on: August 16, 2012, 08:50:05 pm »
I have followed every step to get this to work in Logic Pro 9, but it donīt.
I can see the notes in Logic when Iīm hitting the pads, and its way out of the range where the sound actually is (when played on a keyboard). If I move the midi signals way up (from C-2 too C3 - bass drum ), it plays! Have tried to change the "choose midi drum map model for pads" with no luck. And "send midi from pads", but always get the message; YES : #### WOULD USE "IAC Driver Spark1 Midi OUT" BUT THE PORT DOESNīT EXIST ####!!

This is getting way to hard for me too setup up!
Do I have to sell this very nice ( as standalone)instrument?

NEED HELP!!!!

aantetomaso

« Reply #8 on: November 19, 2012, 11:37:14 am »
Hi,

did you solve your problems with Logic 9? I have the same issues with my setup: Logic 9.1.8, Lion 10.7.2, Spark VDM (last version) and no controller.

I followed Arturia's guide showing how to configure the IAC Driver. I choosed the right name "Spark1 Midi OUT", but still I read "YES : #### WOULD USE "IAC Driver Spark1 Midi OUT" BUT THE PORT DOESNīT EXIST ####!!".

Could you please help me? I tried to reconfigure all the stuff several times but without luck.

Thanks in advance.

Terrym

• Global Moderator
    • soundcloud.com/logicaldream
« Reply #9 on: November 19, 2012, 02:25:45 pm »
Hi there its working ok in logic 9.1.8 did you name the iac    Spark1 Midi OUT  only ,and did you go into environment  and set the spark1 midi out to the keyboard this is all in the manual so double check  that your doing it right coz i think most people got stuck on this at first try.

hope this helps

regards
terrym
TerryM
ARTURIA Tester for Minifreak,All software Polybrute,Keystep pro,Audiofuse range, Microfreak,Kl49mkII,DrumBrute,Spark,Analog lab3,KLE,kl88,matrix12,Semv,Beatstep,Minibrute 2,Pigments
ASC,Vcol6, Beatstep pro, VCOL8, Synclavier v.Minibrute2s

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines