April 16, 2024, 08:32:47 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Midi tranpose??  (Read 3207 times)

viger

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
Midi tranpose??
« on: January 03, 2012, 04:48:44 pm »
Hi,  I'm using the V-collection instruments with Ableton Live.  I want to save each sound with the correct octave transpose setting so I don't have to manually transpose the keyboard controller every time I bring up a new sound.  Is there a way to do this without having to change the oscillator octave/pitch?  I had hoped I could do it within ableton but since it's seen as an AU plugin I don't see a way to transpose from within that app.

Any pointers would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Koshdukai

• Beta-testers
Re: Midi tranpose??
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2012, 08:38:35 pm »
I'm on Windows, using VST, so I don't know how Live deals with AU, but I can put a Live MIDI Transpose tool behind the VST.

viger

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2012, 03:42:47 am »
I'm on Windows, using VST, so I don't know how Live deals with AU, but I can put a Live MIDI Transpose tool behind the VST.

Are you talking about the Midi Effects Pitch +12 effect?  I tried that it and it didn't seem to have any effect.  I've never used it so I might be doing something wrong though.

Thanks for the response.

Koshdukai

• Beta-testers
« Reply #3 on: January 04, 2012, 03:16:35 pm »
I think that's the effect, yes.

But, have you tried it inserted before the synth? It works for me, it's transposes incoming MIDI before it reaches the synth, without me having to transpose the keyb controller or mess with the synth global pitch

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines