April 19, 2024, 08:57:22 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: FEATURE REQUESTS  (Read 2629 times)

viger

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
FEATURE REQUESTS
« on: December 05, 2011, 04:03:55 pm »
I've been using Analog Laboratory and V-Collection for a while now.  I think the quality of the sounds are great, however, there seem to be too many things missing that makes this solution very difficult to use in certain situations.

The first thing that makes absolutely no sense to me is that they sell the AL software in a bundle with the V-Collection.  It's great that you can use those plugins to edit AL sounds but the fact that there are a ton of sounds only available within each separate plugin that cannot be access from within AL makes no sense. 

My feature request would be to be able to use AL as a primary interface to all of the plugins within V-Collection so that I can use the categorization capabilities within AL to access any Arturia sound.

The second biggest issue I have is that none of these plugins, including AL respond to patch change requests.  While this isn't a huge deal when using these products in the studio, it makes using them live impossible!  It is unrealistic to think that a performer is supposed to play a song, go to their laptop, then use the mouse to pull up another sound.  They implement MIDI.  MIDI program changes have been part of the standard from the beginning.  Why not here?

Feature request #2-Implement Midi program/patch change capabilities into all plugins!

Those are my top 2 requests and if fixed would stop me from having to look for other software/hardware to use.  I'm sure you all have much more.  Maybe documenting them here will give Arturia a clue that something needs to be done.  I haven't seen any requests asking for input from Arturia.  Hopefully they will listen to their users.

One last feature request, that is only a nice to have but not a necessity, is the ability to add custom characteristics within AL so that we can add our own categories for accessing sounds.

These are my thoughts.  Please add your own!

sjs

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
Re: FEATURE REQUESTS
« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2011, 09:58:38 pm »
Hi

Completely agree with point one.

Would be great to use AL as an all-in-one interface that has access to all v-collection sounds.

doperdeluxe

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #2 on: December 06, 2011, 07:54:04 pm »
..and midi cc control assignment of the plugin parameters when using through laboratory

viger

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #3 on: December 08, 2011, 02:34:22 pm »
I just realized that one issue can partially be resolved, or at least be somewhat usable in a live situation, by making it so that all presets from every plugin is available from with AL.  Then at least I should be able to use scenes/snapshots and change sounds via a single button push.

I really wish they would do something about this!

Manuel

• GTHC-Entertainment
    • MySpace
« Reply #4 on: March 19, 2012, 04:52:01 pm »
Hey there!

The Answer is really simple YES! it's all possible since V-Collection 2 has the Sound-Map feature!
Read the Solutions! and the Features We'd Like To See Added!.

Don't forget to applaud for me if these tips were helpful for you!  ;)

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines