March 29, 2024, 09:00:45 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Complete Uninstall Instructions for Mac OS/X??  (Read 10299 times)

viger

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
Complete Uninstall Instructions for Mac OS/X??
« on: November 12, 2011, 01:08:31 am »
Hi,

I have been asking support this question for a week now and still haven't received a response.  I do not find an uninstaller for Laboratory OS/X...not sure if there just isn't one or not.  I had a major issue reinstalling and tried several times, with several versions, in several ways and still could not resolve the issue...the app would start bu the GUI would not show up on the screen.

What I was able to see was that AL installs into /Applications and /Library/Application Support/Arturia/Alanog Laboratory.  What wasn't apparent at first is that it also installs files into a hidden system directory.  Specifically /private/var/db/receipts.  There are two com files placed there by AL.  I had tried several times to delete the files in /Applications and /Library and reinstall but it didn't work.  It wasn't until I found and deleted the files in the hidden directory that it finally worked.

I still feel like I missed something.  The problem I have now is that Al doesn't open the V-Collection plugins that are installed on the machine.  I've reinstalled those as well but still no luck.  Additionally, I can't find reference to where all of the user patches are stored.  I lost most of those as well for both AL and the V-Collection Instruments.  Almost as important are the user favorites that I stored in AL.  I spent days going through all of the sounds marking them.

So,  to make a long story short, here are my questions:

1-Can someone verify *ALL* of the files and directories AL touches/installs into during install.
2-Are there uninstall instructions (again, for OS/X)
3-Where are user patches stored for AL and V-Collection instruments?
4-Is there *ANY* way to back up the AL user favorites?

Thanks for your help.

TechNAB76

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
Re: Complete Uninstall Instructions for Mac OS/X??
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2012, 03:40:28 pm »
Be prepared to hear nothing ast all from the helpdesk. I've been having major problems with arturia's 49 Analog Experiance the Laboratory. I've been posting questions and complains about it, and the only thing I received are the same answers that don't resolve my problems.  :'(

Antoine

« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2012, 06:42:18 pm »
Replied here.
ex-Arturian

Peter_s

« Reply #3 on: April 27, 2012, 09:23:45 am »
Hi I'm new to AL and vcoll I thought I buy it plug and play and everything would be great!
How wrong I was?!
1) haven't received email with liscense for al
2) vcol instruments are not recognised by logic the only one I can use is prophet
3) in elicenser there is no analog laboratory at all however there is analog factory instead even thou I intalled laboratory (am I missing something here). And analog factory works in logic even thou I haven't put the activation code cos obviously I haven't receive it!
This cock up might be due to I tried to install demo ver of all instruments but when it came to license I simply deleted them cos I couldn't be bothered and bought the full version straight away.

My question is if any of you have tried to format hdd and if I do so will here be any conflict between reinstalling al and vcol and elicenser after the format?

Cheers

peite

« Reply #4 on: May 26, 2012, 10:14:37 pm »
>What wasn't apparent at first is that it also installs files into a hidden system directory.  Specifically /private/var/db/receipts.  There are two com files placed there by AL.

!!!

Aah! Thanks a lot Viger! Had a tremendous painstaking time trying the remains which hindered me from reinstalling it.

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines