April 19, 2024, 03:53:46 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Re-selling Arturia products  (Read 1838 times)

Tweeka

Re-selling Arturia products
« on: November 01, 2011, 10:53:14 am »
Hi

I recently sold the miniMg V on ebay it was an old version that I hadn't used for years. I believed the synth to be un-registered but on arrival to it's new owner I was advised that it was still registered to me.

I have sent an email to the support team but have had no response as yet. Obviously i am looking for a quick response and was just wondering if anybody had been through this process of un-registering a product and how long it took.

Many thanks

Tom

peasantpunch

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
Re: Re-selling Arturia products
« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2011, 10:44:42 pm »
This is a problem i have. Just bought an ARP 2600 second hand and it says its already registered on the database. Have tried to contact the guy i bought it from but have had no reply. Desperately need to register so i can get the update. Having real problems with it on Logic 9...

What do i do???

vaikl

« Reply #2 on: November 03, 2011, 12:13:50 am »
It's a general problem with used hard- and software which need registration for support. If the former owner don't cancel his registration, nobody at Arturia would know if the new request for registration is correct or maybe from a stolen product.

The cancellation of registration should be part of the bill of sale. If you *have* a bill of sale or a link to your ebay auction where you've purchased it, then sales support might be happy with a copy, but this is not standard.

Antoine

« Reply #3 on: November 03, 2011, 09:42:37 am »
You still can access the Tech Support through your account, even without registered any product yet, via this way:
 Authorization Troubleshooting > If your license has disappeared from the eLicenser Control Center > Activation Support Request

I assume it is still a bit obscure, but still accessible.
ex-Arturian

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines