March 28, 2024, 03:23:59 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: missing modulation is a feature ;-)  (Read 3088 times)

mdesignffm

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
missing modulation is a feature ;-)
« on: October 20, 2011, 03:34:52 pm »
...my inquiry about missing modulation wheel support on various presets resulted in the following answer. no further comment necessary.

Hi Joerg,

This is not a bug, but a (missing) feature: the modulation wheel does affect not all sounds, only most of them.

No workaround known, except fully editing the patch in the Advanced Edition view (only for owners of the full MiniMg-V, not applicable here).

Feel free to come back to me if I can be any further technical assistance.
Yours musically,

Antoine.

vaikl

Re: missing modulation is a feature ;-)
« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2011, 08:48:07 pm »
Sorry, don't get the joke here... Why do you think every preset *must* have modulation wheel support?

mdesignffm

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #2 on: October 20, 2011, 11:40:03 pm »
Sorry, don't get the joke here... Why do you think every preset *must* have modulation wheel support?

...did you EVER encounter a preset on ANY synth on this earth which had no modulation assigned to its mod wheel (except arturia, that is)? actually, on the original miniMg, there is hardly a way NOT to assign modulation to the wheel. think again, my friend...

vaikl

« Reply #3 on: October 21, 2011, 12:18:37 am »
I think again and... bingo, got it, the laboratory is not a synth, it's a preset player with controllers! That was simple, next question please... :D

Seriously, take a look at the presets of the different full synths behind The Lab and you'll see that modulation wheels not always make sense, i.e. for sequencer sounds in the ARP.

mdesignffm

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #4 on: October 24, 2011, 12:52:36 pm »
hi,

good thinking, my friend. i see your point. but for me, a product advertised as 'hybrid synthesizer' claims to be far more than a mere preset player. maybe i got tricked there.

and another thing i agree with you: this itself is not too big of an issue. if it was the only issue, i would not be writing posts. but unfortunately it is not. the whole programming of adjustable parameters is sloppy. sometimes a parameter is present on a slider AND on a knob (which does not make sense). and there are empty knobs, too (where we could have an adjustable parameter and have nothing instead).

come on arturia, assigning parameters to existing wheels and knobs is just a piece of code written in seconds - do it!

vaikl

« Reply #5 on: October 25, 2011, 01:38:47 am »
I would put more energy in solving the serious bugs in the MIDI editor or the embarassing behaviour of the plugin GUI bottom (keyboard) view, rising the RAM hunger into crackling spheres >:(

Assigning knobs and wheels in a softsynth environment is a user wish list, so maybe you want them to call you and notice what modulation on what VCO or Filter you want to be mapped to the wheel? Or do you think there must be a standard mapping and the mod wheel is always making "whooooeeeeooou"?

If you've bought the full synth licenses, it wouldn't be a problem for you or Arturia, like it always wouldn't be with preset players and their underlying products. And this is always a matter of money.

mdesignffm

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #6 on: October 25, 2011, 10:06:46 am »
"Whooooeeeeooou"! Yes, please!  ;D

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines