March 28, 2024, 10:49:03 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Spark responding irregulary to midi note data  (Read 2025 times)

Ross85

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
Spark responding irregulary to midi note data
« on: October 12, 2011, 06:49:09 pm »
I did send a technical support request about this but the reply was to do a clean install of the latest update which I have done already.

So my problem is I have assigned midi notes to pattern changes 1-16 so I can sequence pattern changes in my daw, however spark intermitenly responds to these changes during playing, I have to hit the note several times before the pattern will change, sometimes it works the first time, sometimes i have to repeatedly hit the note 4 or 5 times before spark responds. There is midi data on the channel, i'm definetly hitting the right notes and this occurs both with the patterns set to change straight away or at the end of the previous one. The same happens in standalone mode. When I play back the midi track spark responds to the notes straight away. None of my other vst's have any problem responding to notes from my controller keyboard.

Anyone else having problems like this? It's really frustrating.

Running Sonar X1 producer on a windows 7 64bit quad core intel i5 system with 16gb of ram. Edirol Fa-66 soundcard, M-Audio oxygen 49 midi controller.

Kevin

• http://www.arturia.com
Re: Spark responding irregulary to midi note data
« Reply #1 on: October 13, 2011, 09:20:28 am »
Hi Try,
check that the preferences "Switch pattern instantaneously" is ON.
Let me know if this solve the issue.

Best
Kevin
Kevin
Soft Arturia

Ross85

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #2 on: October 13, 2011, 09:35:29 am »
Hi,

Yes as I said the problem occurs in both pattern switching modes, it's not connected to that.

Ross

Kevin

« Reply #3 on: October 13, 2011, 09:57:05 am »
Hi Ross,
sorry I misread your post.
I'm a little bit tired these days.
I never see this before. Does your keyboard send other messages (MIDI Clocks, After Touch..)?
What audio device settings are you using (Driver, Buffer size, sample rate)?

Kevin
Soft Arturia

Ross85

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #4 on: October 13, 2011, 11:26:37 am »
No problem, Thanks for your response.
My midi controller keyboard can send other messages like program bank changes, controllers etc, not sure about aftertouch or midi clock never had cause to use it for that.

Have tried with both ASIO and WDM drivers, 48000 sample rate currently 144 samples buffer size which gives me 3.0ms latency, which is perfectly workable on my system with a lot of synths and effects all at once with no dropouts. have tried varying this though.

Interestingly when I play the midi notes from 60 upwards on my keyboard which are the defaults the drum pads are mapped to there is no problem, they play straight away as they should with no problem. it's just when I try to play the pattern switches with notes I've assigned, which are 36-51 I think. To reiterate, it's not a lag in the pattern changing, it either does or doesn't when I press the note. And when spark is reading the data from the midi track it seems to respond to all the notes fine, Changing patterns accordingly!

Kevin

« Reply #5 on: October 13, 2011, 11:34:48 am »
I was asking about MIDI clock and after because they can be sent by the keyboard at the same time and might (despite it should not) confuse Spark but if it works fine with the note assigned to the pad it seems to not be the problem.
We will try to solve the issue first in standalone then we will see in VST.
Does it act same if Spark sequencer is off?
Kevin
Soft Arturia

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines