March 19, 2024, 12:00:13 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Logic Express 9 Newbie Problem  (Read 2623 times)

tryuk

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
Logic Express 9 Newbie Problem
« on: September 08, 2011, 11:24:53 am »
Hi I'm a newbie to LE9 and the Spark. Could some kind soul point me in the direction of a cretins guide to setting up the Spark to work with LE9. I get so far but just cannot get to record the Spark. I'm obviously doing something very wrong.

I'm sure this is blazingly obvious but I just don't get it.

Thanks, in advance, Tim.
« Last Edit: September 11, 2011, 04:54:31 pm by tryuk »

tryuk

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
Re: Logic Express 9 Newbie Problem
« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2011, 04:54:59 pm »
I'm amazed that nobody has even given me a hint about how to do this. We don't all know how to use Logic yet, and as someone with poor eyesight the tiny manual in the box is useless to me.

Tim.

Ozric

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #2 on: September 11, 2011, 07:11:13 pm »
I dont use Logic, but I can relate as far as the response you get from others or even the moderators of this forum, you might think is an obvious problem you overlooked at the very limited manual for the spark but you are not alone as far being a bit confused.
I was shocked to find out I was not going to be able record midi when used as VST in Cubase, I have so many cheap even free VSTs that would record midi, so the least I could spect from this product was at least the same, not more not less, give me the option to record like all of my VSTs.
So, I guess like you I am waiting for who knows, an update maybe ... Try routing Spark on Logic to come in as audio and you should be fine ....Good Luck

Kevin

• http://www.arturia.com
« Reply #3 on: September 12, 2011, 11:49:58 am »
Hi tryuk,
sorry for not getting back to you sooner.
What do you want to do exactly?
If you want to record the audio from Spark, you have to (as Ozric said) to create an audio track and route Spark audio out and the audio track input in the same bus.
I made a screencast that you can download here.

If you want to record MIDI (as Ozric want), you have to record inside Spark sequencer then export the pattern.
About the fact that it is not possible to record directly MIDI from the controller into the host. When you use a MIDI keyboard it is handled by the host and all the messages are forwarded to the plugin. It is not the case for Spark's controller, the host does not even see the messages, that's why the host can not record the pads events. We are looking for a proper way to give the possibility to record it anyway.
We just ask you to be a little patient. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Kevin
Kevin
Soft Arturia

tryuk

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #4 on: September 13, 2011, 04:38:09 pm »
Thank you Kevin, I had worked out how to record midi and export it. What I needed to Know was how to record the audio in to Logic. Being a novice on Logic I was struggling to see how to do this. Your screencast answered the question for me, but I had to be fast on the pause button to slow it down, or did I miss something else?

And thanks also to Ozric for his reply, I really was expecting more help from a community that all uses the same hardware. I also have the Origin keyboard and must say members do seem a little more forthcoming with help there.

Tim.

groams

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #5 on: September 24, 2011, 05:20:35 pm »
Hi Kevin!

Pretty stupid question, but here it comes.

I'm new to logic, but wanted to record spark as audio in logic 9, didn't know how to do it, so I downloaded the guide you posted and watched it.
But when I try to change sparks stereo out to bus 1, I can't do it like you did in the video, I click on the stereo out and nothing happens, it's like locked or smthg. Hope you can help me with this.

Thanks!

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines