March 28, 2024, 07:33:42 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Just arrived!!  (Read 2711 times)

randrohe

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
Just arrived!!
« on: August 25, 2011, 03:57:06 pm »
hello all,
 I am currently downloading the latest os for mac. I am downloading this on my laptop as I have taken my Imac back into the studio. Question, how/where do i install the update?
 Since I have someones attention, I am running this in Live 5, and when I open an instance of Spark on a new audio track, a midi track is also created. The audio track will not give me the option to record arm the track?  how do I route Spark's audio into a track?
 Hopefully my questions are able to be interpreted

Thanks,
 Rand

Kevin

• http://www.arturia.com
Re: Just arrived!!
« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2011, 09:33:41 am »
To install Spark update, just run the installer and install it on the same place where you previously install it.
To record audio from Spark inb Ableton. You can dl the screencast I have done here.
Hope this helps.
Kevin
Soft Arturia

randrohe

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #2 on: August 27, 2011, 01:50:23 pm »
Thanks for the quick response, Kevin.
I ran the update installer without a problem. Works great! That evened out a lot of little glitches i was experiencing. Imagine that.
As far as Live, I am not seeing Spark listed in the drop down menu of an audio track..
I have yet to try routing out of Sparks mixer for the individual tracks..
Maybe an oddity in Live 5?
I'm loving it so far!! Mucho fun!

Kevin

« Reply #3 on: August 29, 2011, 08:45:08 am »
If you don't see Spark in the drop down menu of the audio track, you will not be able to use the individual track because you have to do the same thing (select Spark as input) then choose the extra outputs of Spark.
I will try to dl a Live 5 installer to find the solution.
Kevin
Soft Arturia

Kevin

« Reply #4 on: August 29, 2011, 10:03:59 am »
I tried with Live 5 and it works. So you may do something wrong.
In the Audio From menu, you have to choose the Spark's track, it may be named MIDI X (where X is the number of the track).
Then don't forget to click on Monitor In button to enable monitoring.
Kevin
Soft Arturia

randrohe

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #5 on: August 31, 2011, 01:39:11 pm »
Hello Kevin,
 Thanks for your time and input. I will try this out as soon as I have a moment..

randrohe

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #6 on: September 12, 2011, 11:22:16 pm »
Hi Kevin,
I have had a bit more time to spend w/ it. Still loving it, still can't find a way to have separate tracks in Live 5.2.2? (last 5 update for Intel) This on OSX 10.6.2.
 I am using the AU version.
 I open Spark and it loads a midi track, but nowhere is Spark listed in any of the drop down menus in either midi or audio tracks. It should be in the section where I find Reason, Melodyne, Torque, am I on the right page?
 I currently have to open a new audio track and route the midi channel(Spark) just to record it's stereo mix..
 I have found the area in the software mixer where I can route each channel, but nowhere is it showing up in Live.
 Appreciate your time
 Rand

Kevin

« Reply #7 on: September 13, 2011, 09:07:40 am »
I think Spark is not listed but the Ableton track where is Spark (for instance "2 MIDI") should be available.
After selecting the track, you can choose each sub track in the drop down menu below the first one.
Kevin
Soft Arturia

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines