March 19, 2024, 03:54:03 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Looks good, wish it worked  (Read 2090 times)

curb

Looks good, wish it worked
« on: August 10, 2011, 10:32:03 pm »
This has been a disaster, bought it on impulse in the shop, looked great and worked great in there, but......

Got it home and hooked it up, it distorted straight away.
Started re-loading the drivers, did the update, and it worked on the first programme but.....

Loaded vintage drums and got the distortion again when playing through the songs, so a bit more troubleshooting and realised when I opened the software the CPU went up to 50%, play a few beats and it shoots up to 100%, seems the shop didn't tell me the spec of the laptop has to be over 2 ghz, rang the shop to say I want to take it back, no way mate you've already registered the software, guess I was stuck with it....

So a bit of humming and ha-ing and a week later I decide to upgrade the laptop, even though it's only a few years old and not really a slouch, but hey ho here we go....
Off to the computer shop and I'm now the proud owner of an I5 laptop running at 2.5 GHZ I load up Spark and it plays at about 10% no problem.

Then I load up my other stuff, Sonar, Ableton, about three days later messing about trying to get control surfaces and stuff set up again, my mrs. breathing down my neck and here we go, start that project I was looking forward to doing with my lovely new machine....

So the Spark doesn't play at the same Tempo as my track within Sonar, what's that all about? That's not all, those lovely clear drums in the stand alone application come through all distorted in the host sequencer, seems like there's a driver conflict there too.
Is this normal, surely it should work better than this, someone give me a little bit of hope that it hasn't all been for nothing....?

keplinger

• Beta-testers
Re: Looks good, wish it worked
« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2011, 12:38:37 am »
I was angry too after i get the Spark (maybe I should give him back).
After updating the Spark, Spark is running fairly thick on my WIN 7 computer, but I can work with. Perhaps it's a system problem?
The Spark has definitely still some bugs.
My opinion is, they have brought the spark much too soon to the market!
Like many other companies and we are always, the beta testers! :(

curb

« Reply #2 on: August 11, 2011, 10:46:06 pm »
Maybe I'm expecting too much of it, I was hoping I'd be able to use it on the fly (with the hardware) within my DAW, Sonar. But it doesn't run at the same tempo as my projects, and there is an audio driver conflict. It's Ok In standalone, but it does claim to run as a VST.

Kevin

• http://www.arturia.com
« Reply #3 on: August 22, 2011, 11:11:27 am »
Hi curb,
you can check the audio buffer size and try to set it to something great (1024 samples for instance) then listen to Spark. If it works, you can try to decrease the buffer size.

hope this helps

Kevin
Kevin
Soft Arturia

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines