March 28, 2024, 10:30:43 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: frozen when updating with mac os 10.6  (Read 2073 times)

juanjo

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
frozen when updating with mac os 10.6
« on: August 06, 2011, 09:12:08 pm »
I've got my spark software allready upgraded to the lastest version... v.1.1.2. When I turn on the contreller the software recognises that it needs to be updated and asks me to update it so I say... YES! Update Spark Controller starts working and my LCD changes to update mode but... Nothing else happens! The progress bar keeps eternaly at 0%.
I unplug and plug again the USB cable; turn off and on the controller, turn off and on the computer, but nothing... Software keeps being 1.1.2 but controller keeps the initial version v.1.0
Im using Mac OS 10.6.6.
I play the spark directly from its software, not as vst.

How can I solve that?

I have some bugs when operating the system... could it be because of this update issue?

Some of my bugs are:

- When playing with the filters/slicer/roller pannel some times the LCD hangs up and stop showing any other parameters. I can keep playing and recording sounds, play patterns, change parameters but the LCD doesn't work, it keeps showing the last value I set up with the pannel... So I cannot see the values of the parameters of the sounds or the 1-16 / 17-32 seqüencer info...

-With some sounds I can change its values but doesn't memorize it... So I change the volume of some instrument but when I stop turning the knob it goes back to the initial volume...

Thanks for your help!!

Kevin

• http://www.arturia.com
Re: frozen when updating with mac os 10.6
« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2011, 10:53:04 am »
Hi juanjo,

I've got my spark software allready upgraded to the lastest version... v.1.1.2. When I turn on the contreller the software recognises that it needs to be updated and asks me to update it so I say... YES! Update Spark Controller starts working and my LCD changes to update mode but... Nothing else happens! The progress bar keeps eternaly at 0%.
I unplug and plug again the USB cable; turn off and on the controller, turn off and on the computer, but nothing... Software keeps being 1.1.2 but controller keeps the initial version v.1.0
Im using Mac OS 10.6.6.
I play the spark directly from its software, not as vst.

How can I solve that?

I have some bugs when operating the system... could it be because of this update issue?

You can try to update Spark with Spark MIDI Control Center.

Some of my bugs are:

- When playing with the filters/slicer/roller pannel some times the LCD hangs up and stop showing any other parameters. I can keep playing and recording sounds, play patterns, change parameters but the LCD doesn't work, it keeps showing the last value I set up with the pannel... So I cannot see the values of the parameters of the sounds or the 1-16 / 17-32 seqüencer info...

You are the first one to report this. I will try to reproduce it.

-With some sounds I can change its values but doesn't memorize it... So I change the volume of some instrument but when I stop turning the knob it goes back to the initial volume...

Maybe there is an automation recorded for this parameter. Right click on the knob and select "Edit Motion". Check if there is something recorded.

hope this helps.
Best
Kevin
Kevin
Soft Arturia

juanjo

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #2 on: October 17, 2011, 04:10:50 pm »
Hi! I'm glad to make you know that with the new software, 1.1.3 my updating problem has been solved!

cmreal

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #3 on: October 18, 2011, 03:02:50 pm »
I'm glad I read this thread, I thought I was going crazy trying to load an empty project and it crashing. When can I expect an update for this ?

Thanks

CM

I'll try 32bit later for now.

Kevin

• http://www.arturia.com
« Reply #4 on: October 18, 2011, 03:12:00 pm »
We just released the update today.
See this thread.
Kevin
Soft Arturia

Carbonate design by Bloc