April 24, 2024, 08:53:57 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: So, what about Storm 3 ?  (Read 11781 times)

Didz@dron

So, what about Storm 3 ?
« on: June 07, 2004, 10:05:10 am »
Is there anyone here who has received his upgrade and tested it ?
Drop your impressions dudes  :wink:
d(*O*)b

Anonymous

So, what about Storm 3 ?
« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2004, 03:09:45 pm »
Yeah! Post it! Even the guys from France do not seem have it yet, so when will I get it in good old Germany :?

theo la db

Re: So, what about Storm 3 ?
« Reply #2 on: June 08, 2004, 12:57:22 pm »
Quote from: "Didz@dron"

I got my copy today - Melbourne Australia.

My initial impression is the Arturia lads have done well with the MIDI features and with the mixing table improvements.

Anonymous

So, what about Storm 3 ?
« Reply #3 on: June 08, 2004, 02:15:22 pm »
Please, tell us something about GM-synth module's sound quality. What about piano?

Anonymous

So, what about Storm 3 ?
« Reply #4 on: June 08, 2004, 05:54:34 pm »
Oh come on! Tell us tiny details! Are you the first one? In AUSTRALIA?!? I I now hope, that mine will arrive until Friday...

theo

Re: So, what about Storm 3 ?
« Reply #5 on: June 09, 2004, 02:57:52 am »
Quote from: "theo la db"
Quote from: "Didz@dron"

I got my copy today - Melbourne Australia.

My initial impression is the Arturia lads have done well with the MIDI features and with the mixing table improvements.

A few more observations

The Piano roll is more extensive than I had initally thought. It can be used instead of the ABCD pattern interface to edit the notes and the controllers of all the instruments other than the GM synh.

I like the sounds with the GM synth. The Brass and Reed section's sounds good and Arturia seems to like this as well since there are some Jazz songs as examples.

The patterns for the GM synth can be programmed within the note editing grid however the Piano Roll may be more convenient for setting the various controls because the bars are larger with this interface.

Some of the buttons and other interface items are very small.

As a test I had 10 Arsenics, two Horks and two Equinoxes running with four filters running OK ( mac g5 2-2). Four Shadows was a bit much but Shadow always sucks the cycles.

The multiple instances of instruments and effects really opens up the possiblities in routing different intruments to different effects settings and creating chains of effects.

I have to be careful about using Storm too many time since the registration routine does not like my numbers so I have limited startups until a get a better number from Arturia.

Rewire is not working on my machine. In Tracktion Storm is recognised and can be started but as soon as I load a song Storm crashes. When using Garageband as the rewire master Storm crashes just after startup.
The master programs need to be force quit.

(Since I have never really used rewire I am still not sure on what it is supposed to do.)

All in all I am very satisfied with the Storm upgrade. Money well spent.

I was wondering after a few people have got their copies of Storm 3 if a chat session could be set up in the Hall provided we can agree on times?

Theo
G5 2-2 / storm / tracktion / soundtrack

Maratin

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
Got it!
« Reply #6 on: June 09, 2004, 07:35:19 pm »
Hey!
I did no excessive testing up to now, but Rewire for example works absolutely perfect in my case (Reason)... Some people mentioned problems during registration, well I installed it already on my laptop as well as on my Desktop PC, works perfect! I am really satisfied. The GM Synth is GREAT! Go for it! Well done and big fun!

Didz@dron

So, what about Storm 3 ?
« Reply #7 on: June 10, 2004, 07:00:43 pm »
I've just changed my mind  :oops:
Ok, I'm a dumb but what the heck, I speak faster than I think  :evil:
Well, after a further demo test, here are my impressions :
* The sequencer features pattern sequencing and piano roll editing(extended to whatever length, ie number of measures)  :arrow: note length down to 1/64. Triplets : 1/8T, I/16T .... Really handy, it makes Storm more pro ! Draw or record your playing, edit each parameter available on every module ....
* The sound engine is really great (sorry but it's much better than the one of reason)
* The GM synth is a well thought add-on. Now, any kind of sound is available
* The price is way too nice : only 149 euros for a complete studio !

Try it as soon as possible, Arturia has really released a kick-ass studio
Five stars on my side *****  :D

Didz
d(*O*)b

Anonymous

So, what about Storm 3 ?
« Reply #8 on: June 10, 2004, 07:25:09 pm »
Sorry, but I would like you to comment! I am really happy with it, so what is disturbing you? It is definitely different, but I would say REALLY better than version 2...

Didz@dron

So, what about Storm 3 ?
« Reply #9 on: June 10, 2004, 07:43:16 pm »
Storm v3 is worth the money. I tried it too fast on the first time  :oops:
I'm really amazed, hat off arturia !
Go for it, you won't regret your spending (so little) money  :D

Didz, crazy but that's the way one is when Storm addicted  :twisted:
d(*O*)b

Username

Storm3 features looks good
« Reply #10 on: June 10, 2004, 09:59:54 pm »
Storm3 looks better than ever. We've got a really music studio.
So Didz@dron you'll change your opinion like you've already change by the past. You were a good user of storm!

Didz@dron

Re: Storm3 features looks good
« Reply #11 on: June 11, 2004, 08:03:43 am »
Quote from: "Username"
Storm3 looks better than ever. We've got a really music studio.
So Didz@dron you'll change your opinion like you've already change by the past. You were a good user of storm!

Hi Username,

As I can see, you read inside my mind ! That's right, I often change my mind but damn, that's the way I am. To me, making music is like a fight then sometimes I'm out of me, sometimes, I see things in a wiser way. I tried to change but I can't, sorry for my well known mental instablity once more  :roll:
As for being a good storm user, there are much better ones around me but I'll try to come back with some decent stm's in a close future  :)

Thanks for your words !
Cheers
Didz
d(*O*)b

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines