March 29, 2024, 10:43:37 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Destabilized sync, cpu related?  (Read 4725 times)

Shmoe

Destabilized sync, cpu related?
« on: June 23, 2003, 07:06:53 am »
First of all, I love the sound of this beast! I am having a problem, however. On many patches, particularly brass and guitar (so far as I've tested), I play a three or four note chord and the patch starts to distort. This goes on for awhile and then the audio "de-syncs," causing a thoroughly distorted sound. If I open up my ASIO control panel, then the sound comes back to normal. The problem seems to get worse as I continue to play the MMV during a session. BTW, I'm using a Mac 867MHz SP, OS 9.2.2 w/Logic 6.0 (will be switching to OSX.2 soon :wink: ) I watch the performance meter and the cpu usage does shoot up quite a bit, so I assume I'm crapping out the cpu. Also, a number of these patches have long releases, so I'm probably eating up more polyphony than just the 3-4 note chord. Any suggestions or work-arounds? I'd sure like to play some those brass patches in a normal rhythmic/chordal fashion.
Thanks,
Shmoe
My first synth? A Moog Prodigy!

xoschubert

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
Destabilized sync, cpu related?
« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2003, 09:24:52 am »
When using polyphonic mode, be carefull with the number of released notes. Some of the patch have a number of released notes equal to the number of voices.

schub

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines