March 28, 2024, 08:22:05 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Note to programmer(s) - fix patch change response  (Read 3803 times)

RandomElement

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
Note to programmer(s) - fix patch change response
« on: May 27, 2004, 03:40:33 pm »
As a programmer with decades of experience in both function and GUI design, I find your patch change response very puzzling. The drop down list and name should change instantly, then the patch should load. you guys do it backwards. The patch loads and seconds later the patch name changes making it seem as if it is not working.

Instantaneous response, gentlemen! This is v-e-r-y basic GUI design.

BTW, I absolutely love the sound of your filters. You guys totally nailed it. I was an original owner of the Prophet 5 and kept trying to like the NI Pro 53. It was a ground-breaking synth, but lacked the sound of the original. Now, I no longer miss my old analog sound. Good work!

FabP

« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2005, 05:01:50 pm »
Thanks for your suggestion, it's true that the GUI response is a very important part of the synth usability.
I'll talk to developpers for the next update.
And thanks for your greetings !
Fabrice PAUMIER
ARTURIA Marketing Manager

omissis

« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2005, 10:53:15 pm »
I agree with the first post, the patch storage and loading system should be re-designed, sometimes it happens that an undesired patch is loaded with any control possible when selecting it from the menu.

another useful thing would be, for the CS-80V , to make possible the loading/save of a patch for each single " synthesis line", that would mean a closer come to the original way of storing patches and, most of all would make more flexible to run presets, you could then select patches in every way you want it to be. I happened to show this to Xavier some time ago and he seemed to agree to this way. Could my idea be an affordable improvement?
Max

a CS-80Vist

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines