March 28, 2024, 02:57:23 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: On-the-fly Sample Switching & Audio Routing in Logic 9  (Read 3933 times)

djrone

On-the-fly Sample Switching & Audio Routing in Logic 9
« on: June 15, 2011, 09:34:02 am »
I'm very interested in purchasing after watching videos on this kit. I just have a few basic questions first....

1. Can we set a pad to sample mode and turn a knob to scroll through the samples in the root folder for that pad? Without "loading" the sample? This would be so flexible for those of us who have all our bass, kicks, snares, etc in separate folders. We could throw down a beat then pick the perfect sounds by turning a single knob - no hardware I know of does this - they all require using a mouse to drag and drop or other time consuming work around which hurts workflow.

2. In Logic 9, can each pad have a unique stereo output?

Thanks!  :)
Ron
www.motionloops.com

guardner

• Beta-testers
    • Instagram
Re: On-the-fly Sample Switching & Audio Routing in Logic 9
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2011, 09:41:43 am »
have a look here:
http://www.arturia.net/downloads/spark/manual/SPARK_Manual_EN.pdf

you can have multi outputs of course, and on the fly sample switching is possible, but not as fast as you described it.
macOS 10.14.6, MatrixBrute, V-Collection7, Pigments, all FX and more...

djrone

Re: On-the-fly Sample Switching & Audio Routing in Logic 9
« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2011, 03:57:28 pm »
The manual is a bit difficult to understand what can be done in the real-world regarding the efficiency of loading samples. Can any owner please explain briefly how a user would scroll through samples and apply them to pads on the fly without using the computer mouse?

Auturia: Selecting the pad/part and turning a rotary encoder knob to audition samples as part of an actively playing sequence in a given sample folder would be very efficient. Then clicking via hardware button (not mouse) to make that sample a more permanent part of the kit would finalize the selection. No manufacturer I've seen has streamlined this process - please be the first :)

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines