March 28, 2024, 05:30:41 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Pattern COPY/MOVE from the controller  (Read 9334 times)

diegobsp

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
Pattern COPY/MOVE from the controller
« on: June 08, 2011, 10:41:35 am »
Hi,

just got Spark and i can't find a main feature (hope it's there  ???)

how do i copy (or swap) a pattern to another from the controller???

(i know via drag and drop on the software)

hope it's there somewhere.. :)

Diego

diegobsp

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
Re: Pattern COPY/MOVE from the controller
« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2011, 05:51:18 pm »
ugh no reply... looks like they forgot the COPY / SWAP button  :'(

i hope it will be implemented via update

it also missing the increase/decrease pattern size on the controller :|

CC4

• Beta-testers
« Reply #2 on: June 09, 2011, 04:08:55 am »
i agree, it would be very handy for workflow if there was a way to copy & paste a pattern directly from the Spark controller.  i mentioned this to them back in late April.  ;D

i hope they've thought about that one.  i don't know what button combination would work best, but i was thinking they could get something more out of the clicking functionality of the move button.

diegobsp

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #3 on: June 09, 2011, 10:39:56 am »
i wonder what the hardware designers/developer team were thinking :)

erase button and no copy button *facepalm*

:D
« Last Edit: June 09, 2011, 10:42:50 am by diegobsp »

massive

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #4 on: June 09, 2011, 11:04:11 pm »
yeah.another reason i took this thing back...really bad design in so many way..i hard to believe they want the same price as maschine! makes me laugh!!!

akiz

• Beta-testers
    • Akis Ziak
« Reply #5 on: June 10, 2011, 01:51:03 am »
yeah.another reason i took this thing back...really bad design in so many way..i hard to believe they want the same price as maschine! makes me laugh!!!

Thanks for the update, at least you're free of this "bad" product now!
So, we all hope you'll enjoy your Maschine and at least make something useful with it or keep you busy, rather visiting this forum and prove again how illiterate you actually are! I wonder if English is your primary language (which i doubt), cause if it's true, one word is coming through my mind.. pathetic.
An advise from an older...  get a life!

Cheers!
"If a piece of the sun the size of a pinhead were to be placed on Earth, you couldn't safely stand within 90 miles of it!"

catalyst

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #6 on: June 10, 2011, 09:06:34 am »
I agree this is an absolutely necessary function!!

I suggest, while press-holding a pattern button, select and press the pattern button to copy to. quick, easy without using other knobs or getting in the way of anything else!

Also please implement shift(unquantized) real-time recording ability. Id like to have the option of being able to record unquantized instruments along with quantized. Should be pretty easy to implement as well. (maybe holding record button for a sec to toggle such as the jog wheel) ??

Kevin?

Kevin

• http://www.arturia.com
« Reply #7 on: June 10, 2011, 09:18:24 am »
Hi catalyst,
About the copy/move, we are agree with all of you but can not decide to implement something without a thinking a little about it. The discussion here is good for that.
About the quantize/unquantize record, it is laready implemented in software (right-click on record button). The 1 second click on record button is a good idea indeed and I already think to something like that. I will try to add it.

Kevin
Kevin
Soft Arturia

guardner

• Beta-testers
    • Instagram
« Reply #8 on: June 10, 2011, 10:03:43 am »
I agree this is an absolutely necessary function!!

I suggest, while press-holding a pattern button, select and press the pattern button to copy to. quick, easy without using other knobs or getting in the way of anything else!

Also please implement shift(unquantized) real-time recording ability. Id like to have the option of being able to record unquantized instruments along with quantized. Should be pretty easy to implement as well. (maybe holding record button for a sec to toggle such as the jog wheel) ??

Kevin?

+1 for BOTH!
macOS 10.14.6, MatrixBrute, V-Collection7, Pigments, all FX and more...

diegobsp

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #9 on: June 10, 2011, 10:54:30 am »
for copy/swap

maybe after you keep pressing a pattern for 3 seconds on the display it will say

"copy pattern to"   and you push the destination pattern

and you could swap
"copy pattern to"
"swap pattern to"

function
using the push click of the rotary jog 

agree? :)

diegobsp

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #10 on: June 10, 2011, 10:59:52 am »
or maybe the copy move option change with

the MOVE click button :)  (seems more logical too)

Kevin

• http://www.arturia.com
« Reply #11 on: June 10, 2011, 11:14:03 am »
I prefer the first idea but I am not the only one to take the decision for this. ;)
Kevin
Soft Arturia

akiz

• Beta-testers
    • Akis Ziak
« Reply #12 on: June 10, 2011, 01:24:07 pm »
From my point of view, i can live without the copy/swap functions from the controller since i can
use my mouse to do these on the software side. Spark is a hybrid instrument and developers have that in mind when they took some decisions regarding the interaction with the controller. Comments like:
i wonder what the hardware designers/developer team were thinking

erase button and no copy button *facepalm*

Probably IMHO you don't understood the hybrid concept developers had in mind.
The erase button makes sense, let's say, you want to erase a bad performance and write the new one immediately after, hit erase, confirm and move on. If you're happy with the pattern grab your mouse or use the track pad and copy/swap it from the software side. Isn't it a "hybrid" thinking?
Of course i agree some additional functionality can come very handy and i'd love to see it in the future
but the software side of Spark has a role too. Fact is that developers are open to suggestions and good ideas but the implementation of all these need effort and time...
My intention is not to support developers or bash the users, just want to emphasize the hybrid concept of Spark.

Cheers!
"If a piece of the sun the size of a pinhead were to be placed on Earth, you couldn't safely stand within 90 miles of it!"

diegobsp

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #13 on: June 10, 2011, 03:24:11 pm »

yes hybrid is nice but i think the copy pattern function on the hardware IS VITAL to keep the "composing" flow  :)

like you do a kick only pattern then a pattern with kick and hh then with snare and so on :)
you keep adding to the previous pattern but you need to copy it first :)

anyhow the Spark team is friendly and i think they'll keep listening the users for features :)

the unit is upgradable via firmware and that's cool

catalyst

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #14 on: June 11, 2011, 04:43:29 am »
"Probably IMHO you don't understood the hybrid concept developers had in mind.
The erase button makes sense, let's say, you want to erase a bad performance and write the new one immediately after, hit erase, confirm and move on. If you're happy with the pattern grab your mouse or use the track pad and copy/swap it from the software side. Isn't it a "hybrid" thinking?
Of course i agree some additional functionality can come very handy and i'd love to see it in the future
but the software side of Spark has a role too. Fact is that developers are open to suggestions and good ideas but the implementation of all these need effort and time...
My intention is not to support developers or bash the users, just want to emphasize the hybrid concept of Spark."

for such a "basic" function of the "compositional/immediate creative process" , its not hybrid thinking, its convoluted thinking, this simple function robs the creative brain hemisphere and both hands from the controller. The controller provides "basic sequencer functions and performance control", the hybrid area is the added benefit of software taking care of deeper level editing/sound design and sound generation. No excuses here! There's enough to mouse around already!
« Last Edit: June 11, 2011, 05:18:34 am by catalyst »

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines