March 28, 2024, 02:56:43 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Spark Crashing Cubase 6 64 bit on OSX - and no 64 bit VST for Spark?  (Read 2647 times)

M163

Hi there,

I've got Spark updated to the latest software/firmware. I'm able to load it in a blank Cubase session, but it freezes with the spinning beach ball of doom when trying to add it to an existing project.

Also, on the new blank session it appears to be using the 64 bit bridge. Is Spark a 32 bit only VST plugin? If so I'm incredibly disappointed. I can't imagine any new plugins/VSTi's these days not coming out of the gate as 64 bit. (Waves is still doing that, but I refuse to update WUP or buy anything new from them until they update to 64 bit). I would have never purchased Spark it had I known that it's not 64 bit compatible. This should have been clear on your product specs page.

I really hope Spark gets updated to 64 bit soon as the bridging in Cubase is really buggy and sub par.

I think Spark has great potential, but 32 bit only is a major pain for Cubase OSX users.

Kevin

• http://www.arturia.com
Re: Spark Crashing Cubase 6 64 bit on OSX - and no 64 bit VST for Spark?
« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2011, 09:14:20 am »
Hi,
Spark is Mac OS X VST 64 compatible. I will check it ASAP and solve the issue for the forthcoming update.

Best
Kevin
Kevin
Soft Arturia

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines