October 23, 2014, 09:24:35 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email
News: Arturia's webmaster is glad to offer you these brand new forums ! Have fun using it and feel free to email any encountered problem at webmaster@arturia.com.

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: "Send midi from sequencer"  (Read 32 times)

zion00

"Send midi from sequencer"
« on: October 17, 2014, 05:40:26 pm »
Hey guys!

I want to trigger my Vermona DRM analog hardware with Spark.
I seen every video possible, set the IAC video and so on. Set both the parameters "Send midi from pads /from Sequencer" ON.

In stand alone is working. I can even communicate the standalone with Ableton 9 in this way:

I receive Midi signals from Arturia Spark 2 standalone into a midi channel "All ins" and i route to the Midi out Channel 10  of the port i choose.

Now i want to do this inside Ableton, with Spark as VST OR AU.
Forget the VST because is not working very well.

I load Spark into a Live Midi channel, i set the pads with the right midi numbers.

Into another empty Midi channel i set midi from "IAC Driver (Spark1 Midi OUT)" and midi to "Profire 610 - channel 10". You can set midi from "All ins" is working the same.

This let me receive from the Spark Plugin the midi signal and route it where i want.
So if i press a pad, this pad generate a Midi signal of the number i choose and send it to the midi channel/port i set.

This option in the Preference Panel of Spark is called "Send midi from Pads" and is working correctly. So i can trigger my vermona (or Novation Drumstatio or Jomox Airbase99) pressing the pads of the controller (or the software) inside Live 9.

THe problem is, if i press Play in the sequencer, the sequencer generate no midi signal, and i cannot trigger my hardware.

So the Preference Panel "Send midi from Sequencer" is not working.
In vst mode both are not working. In AU only the first one, and not the second one, Midi from Sequencer.

Is there anything i can do?
Is this a known bug?

Is there a workaround?

Thanks for all!

terrym

• Global Moderator
    • soundcloud.com/logicaldream
Re: "Send midi from sequencer"
« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2014, 05:26:37 pm »
Hi sparkle is working fine in ableton please download the manual and see page 99 .its best to use the vst than the au as you don't need to use the iac .
you have to set up a midi track as well as an spark track and record the sequencer on the midi track.
and problems get back to me.

regards

terrym

Terry
aka Logicaldream

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.8 | SMF © 2014, Simple Machines