March 28, 2024, 01:54:23 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Resize Spark VST in Cubase 12.0.60  (Read 2684 times)

timvdh

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
Resize Spark VST in Cubase 12.0.60
« on: May 04, 2023, 10:21:25 am »
Because the product seems abandoned for quiet some time, I am trying to find an alternative to Spark 2 for quiet some time.

I tried a few VSTs to replace it: Groove Agent, the TR modules from Roland Sound cloud, the D16 modules, Air Drumsynth... these all have some nice sounds and features but nothing compares to the Spark LE hardware with Spark 2. I have such a wealth of synthesis + sampled sounds for Spark, it really is a shame to abandon it. I get new exotic synth plugins from Arturia every year and the Plugin surface of the synths is really good in Cubase - but the Spark 2 surface is tiny and when I enable resizing the plugin behaves buggy beyond usage.

I even cleaned the Spark LE knobs with some toothbrush and water since they became sticky - the hardware is still great with a good workflow. I like "Divide" / "Move".

I am now using Spark 2 standalone to create beats and then just use the prepared Spark project in Cubase. I can still do some tweaking in the tiny Spark window.

All in all this is another petition to please upgrade Spark. Or make it open source. But maybe someone has solved the Cubase high DPI / Spark issue?

On a side note: did someone come up with a satisfying replacement (I prefer controller / plugin solutions to hardware that produces sound)?

timvdh

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
Re: Resize Spark VST in Cubase 12.0.60
« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2023, 10:07:20 pm »
One thing that helps is (Cubase Windows) Edit -> Preferences -> General -> Uncheck "Enable HiDPI". That gives my Spark 2 in a good size but the payoff is that Cubase looses sharpness. It's not that bad though.

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines