March 28, 2024, 09:01:08 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Help us improve our synths: Hardware control  (Read 11229 times)

crabber338

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
Re: Help us improve our synths: Hardware control
« Reply #15 on: September 06, 2011, 07:53:21 pm »
I have several controllers, but I normally use the BCR2000 to control MMV/ARP2600V now. I directly control the Jupiter8V from my keyboard.

--Export and Import of controller configuration

--There could also be a mode that displays the CC, NPRN, etc of the controllers on the screen, so you know what is mapped to what.

--MIDI resolution is too low to sometimes get the full experience out of Arturia synths. Is there MIDi smoothing/inertia/lag settings possible?

bernybutterfly

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #16 on: September 22, 2011, 07:56:27 pm »
Hello again:

... and again:

MIDI-CONTROLLER-FEEDBACK !!!!!!!!!!

berny

jjmg

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #17 on: October 03, 2011, 10:25:20 am »
I would like to have all controllers accessible in VST automation.
The handling of VST automation in Cubase is much better than in MIDI remote control:
- there is no strange delay in widget moving,
- there is feedback feature,
- there is automation tracks,

warbread

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #18 on: October 13, 2011, 08:19:27 am »
Dropping the eLicenser crap would be great, considering the DRM doesn't even prevent theft anymore and it keeps me from recommending any of your otherwise stellar synths.  Judging by a quick search of the major torrent sites, it's preventing more sales than thefts, and I have already turned a few people away from buying.

Your synths are already great, now just quit treating your paying customers like thieves.

cpituskin

• Beta-testers
  • Apprentice
« Reply #19 on: December 23, 2011, 06:36:25 pm »
I don't know if this is the right area to post this, but here it goes. I love the arpeggiators  with the ARP 2600 and mini Mg, Mg modular. It would be so nice to have latch control with the option to latch on the midi clock beat, using the keyboard controller. I use Omnisphere which has recently implemented this in their last update and find it very usefull during live performance. Thanks

Just Diggy

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #20 on: January 16, 2012, 01:59:09 am »
By far, the best hardware control interface is the OB (SEM), by saving mouse clicks and keystrokes. Just changing two parameters involves 7 mouse clicks on the ModMg, 8 on the ARP, and only 4 on the OB. Please implement the OB control interface into your other V synths.

I was just double-checking these stats when my ARP froze from the 2.5 update. I'll have to reinstall version 2.0. (Mac OS X Lion)

The BEST suggestion came from Japan, I think, but I don't remember his name:
it would be amazing if there was a toggle option to turn on/off an info translucent layer over the synth's controls, pointing out at least which of them are mapped... or even better, showing some sort of user made label at the time of map creation, to easily and quickly understand, graphically, what's mapped to what.

I can't imagine how you would cover all the controllers out there, but if you start with your own (say, AnalLab 61), I would buy another Arturia controller keyboard just for this feature.

Koshdukai

• Beta-testers
« Reply #21 on: January 27, 2012, 02:22:12 am »
By far, the best hardware control interface is the OB (SEM), by saving mouse clicks and keystrokes.
I agree. It's currently the simplest and more elegant visually and click-count wise.

Unfortunately I'm not sure how some of the other Arturia soft-synths would implement such a solution due to some of the more complex GUIs.

The BEST suggestion came from Japan, I think, but I don't remember his name:
Ah, thanks, that was me and... I'm not from Japan :)

Full quote:
Edit: oh! and speaking of the GUI, even though this might be a bit difficult to actually implement or figure out how to deal with multiple controls mapped to 1 parameter, but... it would be amazing if there was a toggle option to turn on/off an info translucent layer over the synth's controls, pointing out at least which of them are mapped... or even better, showing some sort of user made label at the time of map creation, to easily and quickly understand, graphically, what's mapped to what.  ...very useful on the cases described in 3b)

Phil999

« Reply #22 on: June 22, 2012, 12:17:17 am »
The key thing for me is that you include all parameters to be mappable.
I agree. There are some switches in MMV2 that would be useful to be mapped.

Aldred411

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #23 on: January 19, 2014, 02:44:47 pm »
I'm using the mpc renaissance with v collection 3 and a keylab 25 i got v collection after i brought the keylab because i was impressed by analog lab i got it whilst on offer and I'm impressed 10 fold
i would like to see some support/presets for the mpc midi mapping so i can use the 16 qlinks on the mpc to control all the knobs on the synths as on some there are loads i could prob set these but I've not got into that side of the software and time is an issue lol
thanks

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines