March 29, 2024, 07:23:09 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: eLicenser dongle X iLok dongle : Please some help  (Read 3836 times)

gsd

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
eLicenser dongle X iLok dongle : Please some help
« on: April 26, 2011, 08:15:54 pm »
Hello,

I've installed a MiniMg demo, liked pretty much it and bought a dongle before I could buy the full software. I want to use a dongle to use the software at the desktop studio and laptop. So, the dongle arrived only today but reading some instructions here, it seems iLok doesn't work with Arturia softwares, is that correct? Because I bought an iLok... Anyway, I have also an original Cubase box with the original elicenser dongle which came with it, and my question is: is it possible to use the original Cubase elicenser dongle which came inside the box to add more licenses (in this case, MiniMg Arturia's license)? Or is it necessary to buy a new empty Steinberg elicenser dongle? By the way, there is any possibilities to put the MiniMg license in a iLok dongle? Please, I need some help about this matter.

Antoine

Re: eLicenser dongle X iLok dongle : Please some help
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2011, 10:22:40 am »
Arturia instruments use only eLicenser protection system, as described on this page.

Therefore 2 consequences:
_ iLok will not accept the MiniMg-V license, never, in no way;
_ Cubase dongle will perfectly suit.

Please check the video in the link above, especially around 2:44, to understand how to transfer your license on the USB-eLicenser hardware dongle.  :)
ex-Arturian

gsd

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
Re: eLicenser dongle X iLok dongle : Please some help
« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2011, 12:37:06 pm »
That's great Antoine, so I can use my Cubase dongle... And, there is any problem to use both systems on my computer, iLok and eLicenser, each with its own dongle connected on computer? I mean, installing both plataforms and run 2 different dongles at same time?

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines