December 19, 2014, 12:55:17 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email
News: Arturia's webmaster is glad to offer you these brand new forums ! Have fun using it and feel free to email any encountered problem at webmaster@arturia.com.

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Instrument Pitch assignment to MIDI Channel input  (Read 859 times)

Koshdukai

• Beta-testers
Instrument Pitch assignment to MIDI Channel input
« on: April 24, 2011, 02:08:05 am »
For a while I've been wanting to mention this as a very cool feature to have but I've been debating how useful it would be and... I eventually had to post about this feature request/suggestion.

Some Synth-based Bass sounds are begging to be "Played" with a MIDI keyboard ;D

It would be so cool if some sort of MIDI Channel input assignment was possible to set on each Instrument's Pitch parameter (C3 would be Semi-Tone 0, maybe), so one could "play" that intrument/track/pad pitch with an external MIDI keyboard (or a DAW MIDI track) :)

...just a crazy idea for a future version of Spark that I had to put out :)
« Last Edit: April 24, 2011, 02:10:30 am by Koshdukai »

Kevin

• Administrator
    • http://www.arturia.com
Re: Instrument Pitch assignment to MIDI Channel input
« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2011, 09:12:26 am »
Yes it is a good idea but definitely too long to implement for the first release.
But don't worry, I think it will become one of the most asked feature request so we will have to implement it (or something like) in the near future.

BEst
Kevin
Kevin
Soft Arturia

Koshdukai

• Beta-testers
« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2011, 11:41:19 am »
I think it will become one of the most asked feature request so we will have to implement it (or something like) in the near future.
That's good to know, thanks for the reply :)

akiz

• Beta-testers
    • Akis Ziak
« Reply #3 on: May 04, 2011, 12:54:39 pm »
Some Synth-based Bass sounds are begging to be "Played" with a MIDI keyboard

Yes indeed, it could be nice to play these sounds within a broader range, but...
limitations are the fuel to creativity most of the times. Since Spark have 16 parts, I'd copy the same sound in a near pad and detune it to the desired pitch, do it again if necessary
and you have 3 different notes of the sound (or more).....for the style of music i produce this is enough... Spark is THE techno box for me! :P
« Last Edit: May 04, 2011, 04:43:27 pm by akiz »
"If a piece of the sun the size of a pinhead were to be placed on Earth, you couldn't safely stand within 90 miles of it!"

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.8 | SMF © 2014, Simple Machines