March 28, 2024, 04:02:30 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: I love it! Nice work Arturia!  (Read 3600 times)

Jive Talking Robot

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
I love it! Nice work Arturia!
« on: April 20, 2011, 10:14:01 pm »
Just wanted to post and say that I am loving the Lab Exp so far.   While there are a few niggles (wish it were 64 bit and that the sliders were a bit smoother), all in all this is a tremendous value for the money. The controller is built like a tank - solid metal and great wooden endcaps.  It looks sharp as well - nice work on the design!  It's nice to see a company actually care that something should look good AND be functional... can't have ugly gear messing up my little home studio. :)  It blends in well with my "real" synths.

And the product works like advertised... been having a blast going through every preset and building my favorites list.  I am using a CI2+ Steinberg BOB and Yamaha HS 80 monitors, and it sounds fantastic through my setup.  My first VA was a Nord Lead way back in the 90s... you only needed a touch of FX to make it sound lights out.  I find the same to be true for your soft synths.  Thank God they are not drenched in FX... just a touch of reverb and compression and a hint of EQ makes a good sounding patch an amazing sounding patch.  Well done.

Guess I will be getting my preorder in for Spark soon as well... will Spark be able to "host" the Lab?  Would love to be able to use Spark as a stand alone product and sequence the Lab with it....

Koshdukai

• Beta-testers
Re: I love it! Nice work Arturia!
« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2011, 10:09:13 pm »
will Spark be able to "host" the Lab?  Would love to be able to use Spark as a stand alone product and sequence the Lab with it....
eh, that's acctually not a bad idea (feature suggestion)  ;)

Sean W

• Beta-testers
  • Arturia US
« Reply #2 on: May 06, 2011, 11:43:02 pm »
Thanks for the kind words, Robot.

will Spark be able to "host" the Lab?  Would love to be able to use Spark as a stand alone product and sequence the Lab with it....

Just to be clear, Spark is not a stand-alone drum machine.
It is a hybrid system, just like the Analog Experience series.
It is a the combination of a hardware USB/MIDI controller and a sofware instrument.

The included Spark software library comes preloaded with 480 drum instruments, combining Analog Synthesis, Physical Modelling and multi-layered Sampling. It also includes an Analog Modelled Synth Bass instrument.

As a drum machine, Spark software also features a dedicated pattern-based sequencer (each Project can store 64 patterns, up to 64 steps each), but in the first version, this sequencer can only play the Spark instruments.

Jive Talking Robot

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #3 on: May 07, 2011, 04:34:27 am »
I understand how Spark works - I was hoping you could use it like NI's Mashine, in the sense you can drop a VST in it and sequence it.  It would be a blast to sequence other VSTs with Spark... (like sequencing gear with an Elektron box).  Yes, I run the latest full version of Cubase and yes a software sequencer has a million more options than a step sequencer, but some times using a "real" step sequencer (or "hybrid") is faster and more fun.

Phillip

• Beta-testers
  • Apprentice
« Reply #4 on: May 09, 2011, 12:41:57 am »
I love it! Nice work Arturia!  ;)

Even though some niggles need to be ironed out !  :o

I was just hoping that it was closer to Origin in software functionality !  ::)

One Love.

God Bless.

Phillip,
Learning for a lifetime. ;~|

Phillip

• Beta-testers
  • Apprentice
« Reply #5 on: May 22, 2011, 07:31:56 am »
Yes ! ! ! ! ! ! !  :o

Origin as a software standalone and plugin instrument ! ! ! ! ! ! ! :o

Carbonate design by Bloc