https://forum.arturia.com/Themes/arturia/images/img/Community.jpg
Home    Arturia Forums    Harware Legacy versions    Origin    Origin Presets & Templates Zone    : New Lady Gaga Sound Bank « previous next »
Carre bleu  New Lady Gaga Sound Bank
Pages: [1] 2 Print
Topic: New Lady Gaga Sound Bank  (Read 14691 times)
Sean W
Beta-testers

Arturia US

Email
« on: April 06, 2011, 05:07:29 »

New Lady Gaga Sound Bank is now available in the Downloads/Presets section (or in the Origin resources section: http://www.arturia.com/evolution/en/products/origin/resources.html )
u.n.i.t.e.d

Email
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2011, 09:06:06 »

you could spare this soundbank
lady gaga makes no music. this is a fucking piece of shit :P :)
Sean W
Beta-testers

Arturia US

Email
« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2011, 05:13:57 »

To quote The Dude in The Big Lebowski:
"That's like...err.. your opinion, Man"
rcmusic
Beta-testers

Email
« Reply #3 on: April 07, 2011, 06:14:45 »

Love this movie!

We can like or not gaga but the sound of her music is great
tomoe97

Email
« Reply #4 on: April 07, 2011, 08:36:49 »

Special thanks to Ubukata-san for another brilliant bank of presets! And my profound condolences for the devastation suffered by his compatriots as a result of the earthquake/tsunami in Japan.
Kevin

WWW Email
« Reply #5 on: April 08, 2011, 08:44:26 »

TBH I don't know Lady Gaga's music at all but the sounds of this bank are really great.

Kevin
Soft Arturia
JacksonP
Beta-testers

Email
« Reply #6 on: April 08, 2011, 09:41:27 »

Thanks for this inspiring bank!

(I am not a Gaga fan but) I must say that this gives a nice vision how you might use Origin in this kind concept. I went to listen those songs from Spotify and I must say that some of them are great (almost identical) and some of them close enough for somebody using them for example on gig.

This leads to my earlier thoughts about one (and maybe still quite big) challenge for Origin: Have you managed to make this kind modern super/megasaw/ultrasaw strings sound. IMO this is still quite difficult to make with Origin to sound convincing. Take for example supersaw in Rihannas "Only Girl (In the World)" at 0:48. I have experimented with 9 saw oscillators and effects of course but still something is missing. And if you wanna use origin in Gaga project I think you need this kind thing as well. For example Ubukatas "JDancePad" is quite Ok as a sound but it's still maybe too weak, too vintage to be modern supersawtype strings pad...?
« Last Edit: April 08, 2011, 04:00:31 by JacksonP » Logged
micram
Apprentice
Apprentice

Email
« Reply #7 on: April 08, 2011, 09:53:59 »

Loved the sounds. Thanks to Arturia for still supporting the Origin and not jumping ship like Radikal Technologies did with the Spectralis modules.
Looking forward to the VST-Integration, that will be the icing on the cake and if promoted properly may well boost sales of the Origin.
Even though people complain that the updates are slow, at least we do get them. Thanks for the supoort.
rcmusic
Beta-testers

Email
« Reply #8 on: April 09, 2011, 11:49:05 »

JacksonP> Even if Origin does not have Super/Hyper SAW oscillator, you can manage to make it sound as it does. I tried to recreate  the Rihanna OnlyGirl sound pad you want. Here's how origin sounds. I needed to use the three effect slots, to be more accurate you need a reverb, i use logic's one in the second example. With more time, I could achieve better result.

Origin with its own effects (no reverb):

rcmusic
Beta-testers

Email
« Reply #9 on: April 09, 2011, 11:49:53 »

Origin with logic's Reverb:

rcmusic
Beta-testers

Email
« Reply #10 on: April 09, 2011, 11:50:36 »

Patch file:
JacksonP
Beta-testers

Email
« Reply #11 on: April 10, 2011, 02:27:24 »

Hi RC!

Many thanks for this patch! It has this character! Of course the Rihannas original supersawsound is drowned in the high quality effects which makes it so powerful and spacious, but your sound with effects can be close enough.

First point of mine was just to question that how close Origin can come with these kind of supersawtype strings. Obviously much can be done with its modules which are already there! Still I might say that there're lot people who would be happy to have these super/hyper/ultrasaw-oscillators into Origins collection. It would be just a step towards more more modern world.

Personally I am mostly after those vintage type sounds from my Origin. But as a gigging musician doing lot of different stuff from jazz to dance styles I'd like to have change to get Rihanna-type saws as well. With your permission I will add this "Only Girl" strings to my programs and maybe tweak it a little bit. I already experimented with taking out parametric EQ and putting reverb instead. On stage this could be my compromise. Too bad we only have three slots there and we know about the quality of those effects...

rcmusic
Beta-testers

Email
« Reply #12 on: April 10, 2011, 08:43:53 »

You can use the program of course, my pleasure.
I firstly did the same put the reverb instead of the EQ, but i thought eq was more important.
Of course i'd like to have a supersaw oscillator too

Thanx
Sean W
Beta-testers

Arturia US

Email
« Reply #13 on: April 11, 2011, 04:37:24 »

Interestingly, Brian London who was Lagy Gaga's Keyboardist on the Fame Ball tour and Rihanna's Keyboardist on the Last Girl on Earth tour, is also using an Origin.
rcmusic
Beta-testers

Email
« Reply #14 on: April 11, 2011, 07:28:54 »

Interestingly, Brian London who was Lagy Gaga's Keyboardist on the Fame Ball tour and Rihanna's Keyboardist on the Last Girl on Earth tour, is also using an Origin.

So, now, YOU have to get his origin patches for us, sean! Thanx in advance  8)
Pages: [1] 2 Print 
« previous next »
Division cadre
Jump to: