March 19, 2024, 03:29:21 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: How to Change 49-key Controller's Midi Output Channel  (Read 2676 times)

djules23

How to Change 49-key Controller's Midi Output Channel
« on: March 19, 2011, 07:37:20 pm »
I recently purchased the Laboratory Experience that comes with a 49-key midi controller.  I want to use it with Sonik Synth 2 as a stand-alone application.  I can play anything loaded on Sonik Synth 2's Channel 1 just fine, but cannot seem to find a way to play patches loaded in SS2's other channels.  How do I change the midi output channel from the 49-key controller, so that I can use sounds loaded on other SS2 MIDI channels?

Sean W

• Beta-testers
  • Arturia US
Re: How to Change 49-key Controller's Midi Output Channel
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2011, 07:11:26 pm »
This MIDI transmit Channel be changed either on the Keyboard itself in the SETUP/GLOBAL menu, or using The Laboratory MIDI Control Center utility that is installed when installing Analog Laboratory software (update 1.2 is now available in the Downloads section).

You can change le Global MIDI Channels for Upper and Lower.
If SplitMod is Off, the keyboard only transmits notes on the Upper Channel.
If SplitMod is On, the keyboard transmits notes on both channels, according to the SplitPnt (split point) setting.

You can change this parameter "on-the -fly" (press SETUP, press 6/GLOBAL, turn the Category/Pararm knob to show UpperCh parameter, turn the Preset/Value knob to change the MIDI channel, press down the Preset/Value knob to enter/confirm, press SETUP to exit), or you can store different settings of the Keyboard Memories and recall them as needed.

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines