March 19, 2024, 07:15:11 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Whats the difference between 1.1.1 & 1.2?  (Read 3447 times)

doperdeluxe

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
Whats the difference between 1.1.1 & 1.2?
« on: March 15, 2011, 08:50:38 pm »
Can't find the update notes anywhere..

Wanted to know if there are any other benefits apart from the being able to assign the pads, the only difference I can see is it makes my computer crash alot. Looks like I'll have to go back to 1.1.1

Found out that you can't assign any of the controls on any vcollection synths to midi cc's apart from the pre assigned ones, was rather expecting it would do this ???

Sean W

• Beta-testers
  • Arturia US
Re: Whats the difference between 1.1.1 & 1.2?
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2011, 07:01:18 pm »
Update 1.2 adds new features related to the Pads, in particular a much better visual feedback of the Play status of each pad.
It also includes several bug fixes, as well as compatibility with Jupiter-8V editing (Jupiter-8V 2.0.2 update required).

Regarding assigning MIDI CCs to V-Collection synths controls, they are all freely assignable.
When the soft synth is opened, use CTRL+ Click (Windows) or Command+Click (on Mac) on a knob/slider to open the Midi CC box for that parameter. You can either select the MIDI CC number form a list, or learn it from the controller.

doperdeluxe

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2011, 05:42:57 pm »
Regarding assigning MIDI CCs to V-Collection synths controls, they are all freely assignable.
When the soft synth is opened, use CTRL+ Click (Windows) or Command+Click (on Mac) on a knob/slider to open the Midi CC box for that parameter. You can either select the MIDI CC number form a list, or learn it from the controller.

This doesn't seem to work for me. I logged a support query regarding this and was told it wouldn't do this, see below:

Description:    I have Vcollection2 & Analog Lab, how do I assign the controls on the actual plugin - say jupiter 8 cross modulation to a midi control number when it's used within analog lab.

I tried to assign one of the assignable knobs on lab to cross modulation but it wouldn't do it, I couldn't see this in the pdf manual, can you please give me a step by step run through of how this is acheived?"

Here's the reply I got:

At the very moment this feature is not available, as the Laboratory controls are already all assigned.

I forward your request to the Dev Team for evaluation and possible integration in a future update.

Feel free to come back to me if I can be any further technical assistance.
Yours musically,

Antoine."

So whats the deal here should it do it or not? As you mention there is the option to Ctrl + right click and a box comes up with Midi learn & you can also select a CC number, which would rather suggest that it should do it.
« Last Edit: March 26, 2011, 05:52:47 pm by doperdeluxe »

Sean W

• Beta-testers
  • Arturia US
« Reply #3 on: March 28, 2011, 05:29:37 pm »
Antoine and I are talking about 2 different things.

I was talking about assigning MIDI CCs to the parameters of the full synth.
For instance, when you use the full Jupiter-8V, you can assign a CC to Cross-Modulation as described.

I think Antoine is talking about the ability to re-map a parameter of a preset to one of the 4 key parameters of Analog Laboratory. For instance, if you wanted to have a Jupiter-8V preset with Cross-Modulation assigned to key parameter 1. At this time, assigning the functions of the key parameters can only be done by our sound designers.

doperdeluxe

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #4 on: March 28, 2011, 05:41:12 pm »
Ah ok, so when you are talking about assigning CC's on the Jupiter 8 you mean not within Laborotory, as it won't let me assign the CC's on the Jupiter 8 when it's working within Laborotory? (& I'm not talking about one of the 4 key parameter)

Basically I want to be able to assign the controls on a synth working within AL with midi CC's
« Last Edit: March 28, 2011, 05:44:42 pm by doperdeluxe »

Sean W

• Beta-testers
  • Arturia US
« Reply #5 on: March 28, 2011, 07:48:45 pm »
Basically I want to be able to assign the controls on a synth working within AL with midi CC's

Sorry, I meant for the full synth, "not within Analog Laboratory".

As Antoine stated, this feature is not available when working within Laboratory.

When you open a synth within Laboratory, the parameters are forced mapped to the fixed Laboratory controls: Filter Cutoff, Resonance, ...
The key parameters mapping changes according to the presets.
So, for instance, on many Jupiter-8 presets, Key Parameter 2 is mapped to Cross-Modulation. The default CC for Key Parameter 2 is CC#19, therefore, for those presets, CC19 controls Cross-Modulation when you open the Jupiter-8V within Laboratory.

Of course, on Analog Laboratory itself, you can re-assign the CCs mapped to the Analog Laboratory parameters, f.i. which CC controls Key parameter 2 (the default mapping is designed to match the Analog Experience keyboard).

I understand this is not exactly what you are asking for, but that's as close as it gets in the current version.

doperdeluxe

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #6 on: March 30, 2011, 06:26:11 pm »
Sean, thanks for the response. Wish I'd known this before I bought it! Hopefully this will be fixed in 1.3

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines