November 23, 2014, 02:19:17 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email
News: Arturia's webmaster is glad to offer you these brand new forums ! Have fun using it and feel free to email any encountered problem at webmaster@arturia.com.

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: The Roller  (Read 543 times)

nickysick

• Beta-testers
  • Apprentice
The Roller
« on: February 25, 2011, 07:54:06 pm »
When you play a beat, engage the roller button, go to the techno box, and hit one of the lit up pads, it plays a roll. You can't get it to stop even when you stop the beat unless you disengage the roller button. If you perform the roll on the main pads this doesn't happen.

Emilie

• Global Moderator
  • Apprentice
Re: The Roller
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2011, 07:11:35 pm »
Hi Nick,

Yes we noticed that bug. And it happens also if you click on the instrument picture in the Studio. Anyway, you can stop the roll, clicking on the rolling instrument pad without having to disengage the roller effect.

I must admit that because we find a funny use of this issue in Live mode, we have not yet set the high priority to this one  ::)

When using Spark without controller, you can trig one roll at a time as you cannot do multiple clicks at once. So let's say you want to use roll for adding some HH at 1/16 on your playing pattern in Live, and make another roll on the snare, you can start the from the techno box your HH roll, and then the snare one and both play together.
Then when you want to stop the HH or snare, just hit the snare or HH pad.
What do you think?

Peharps we should add a preference to enable this mode...

Emilie

Koshdukai

• Beta-testers
« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2011, 07:16:20 pm »
I must admit that because we find a funny use of this issue in Live mode, we have not yet set the high priority to this one  ::)
[...]
Peharps we should add a preference to enable this mode...
Yes please! ;D

I also had a lot o fun with this one  :D

nickysick

• Beta-testers
  • Apprentice
« Reply #3 on: February 28, 2011, 10:29:38 pm »
Adding a preference would be cool

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.8 | SMF © 2014, Simple Machines