October 26, 2014, 07:07:03 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email
News: Arturia's webmaster is glad to offer you these brand new forums ! Have fun using it and feel free to email any encountered problem at webmaster@arturia.com.

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Recommended Screen Resolution?  (Read 438 times)

CC4

• Beta-testers
    • http://home.cogeco.ca/~cc4/
Recommended Screen Resolution?
« on: February 25, 2011, 03:27:03 am »
Is there a recommended screen resolution for Spark?  I have a max 1366x768 screen resolution.  This is one of those pieces of software that opens up and fits on my screen but in order to close Spark I have unlock and auto-hide the taskbar.  I can drag the corner to slightly resize Spark, get the scrollbar, and comfortably work in it.  But when I open the software again I have to go through the taskbar process again.

...Just a laptop user screaming about screen real-estate issues.

Koshdukai

• Beta-testers
Re: Recommended Screen Resolution?
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2011, 11:19:52 am »
I have a max 1366x768 screen resolution.
My WinXP laptop is 1280x800 and Spark fits perfectly on that one, but my Win7 laptop's screen size is like yours, so I've noticed that too.

But, usually I use that one with an external screen above it, so it turned out a cool configuration to test Spark full open Top, Center and Bottom all at once.  ...which, btw, has some GUI issues that I already reported.

When/If I have to use only the 1366/768 screen, I'm usually happy with moving Spark's window as up as possible cutting out the title bar as much as possible, giving me access to all the usable area of it. Not a perfect solution, but usable, nonetheless.

Also... it's possible to resize its window and scroll to get the usable area within visible range, which is also nice (uh... at least as standalone. I'm going to leave standalone testing and start Live 8 VST tests today, so... I'm not sure if what I just said holds true as a VST ???)

EDIT: Window resize also works when as a VST (as expected, but I had to check).
« Last Edit: February 25, 2011, 08:02:11 pm by Koshdukai »

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.8 | SMF © 2014, Simple Machines