December 18, 2014, 04:35:02 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email
News: Arturia's webmaster is glad to offer you these brand new forums ! Have fun using it and feel free to email any encountered problem at webmaster@arturia.com.

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Resizing Windows and Drop Down Preferences  (Read 853 times)

kgbdk

Resizing Windows and Drop Down Preferences
« on: February 23, 2011, 11:22:47 am »
I just installed Spark tonight.  I have been opening the drop down menus with the upper and lower double arrows.  I tried resizing the window to see both sections at the same time.  There was a large white space above the "Load Save" status bar.  It seems like that should be fixed to the top of the Audio Unit window without scrolling.  When I resized it again, everything crashed, giving me a "Out of Memory" error.  Is anyone else having this issue?
I included a screenshot to go with my explanation.

It seems odd that you have to click the little number on the side of the sample strip to switch samples.  It would be handy if you could hit the pad underneath to switch between the samples.

Kevin

• Administrator
    • http://www.arturia.com
Re: Resizing Windows and Drop Down Preferences
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2011, 11:39:22 am »
Hi,
someone (I think it's you  :)) already send us a message about this bug but didn't mention the crash. Don't worry, we are working on.

About the samples, if I understand well, you want that the layer showed in the instrument view is updated when you play the sound.
For instance, you have 2 samples you play the instrument witha low velocity you see the first, you play with full velocity you see the second.
Is it what you want?

Kevin
Kevin
Soft Arturia

akiz

• Beta-testers
    • Akis Ziak
« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2011, 02:34:58 pm »
Confirmed! This is happening in my system too. In Logic Pro 9.1.3 32 & 64 bit the same issue as well. BTW the instrument sounds amazing!!!  ;D
"If a piece of the sun the size of a pinhead were to be placed on Earth, you couldn't safely stand within 90 miles of it!"

kgbdk

« Reply #3 on: February 23, 2011, 09:17:29 pm »
Hi,
someone (I think it's you  :)) already send us a message about this bug but didn't mention the crash. Don't worry, we are working on.

About the samples, if I understand well, you want that the layer showed in the instrument view is updated when you play the sound.
For instance, you have 2 samples you play the instrument witha low velocity you see the first, you play with full velocity you see the second.
Is it what you want?

Kevin

Yes, I reported this bug last night. ;D
This is a detailed picture with arrows and emotive faces to give you an idea of what I'm asking for.  I would like to select a sample with the pad instead of a tiny number.  Thanks for being accommodating.

akiz

• Beta-testers
    • Akis Ziak
« Reply #4 on: February 24, 2011, 12:59:13 pm »
 I would like to select a sample with the pad instead of a tiny number.

Yes this is very good regarding the workflow. It's already there but needs a small fix IMHO.
Press the "Select button" and then if you click on a pad you are selecting it. Now the "Select" button lit off and you have to click it again to select another pad. I suggest to make the "Select" button status as toggle on/off. That way you click it once and select any pad by click or by play it on the keyboard (that's cool too).  ;)
« Last Edit: February 24, 2011, 01:02:14 pm by akiz »
"If a piece of the sun the size of a pinhead were to be placed on Earth, you couldn't safely stand within 90 miles of it!"

CC4

• Beta-testers
    • http://home.cogeco.ca/~cc4/
« Reply #5 on: February 25, 2011, 01:56:01 am »
I suggest to make the "Select" button status as toggle on/off. That way you click it once and select any pad by click or by play it on the keyboard (that's cool too).  ;)

Yea; That would be a good idea.

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.8 | SMF © 2014, Simple Machines