https://forum.arturia.com/Themes/arturia/images/img/Community.jpg
Home    Arturia Forums    Harware Legacy versions    Origin    Origin Presets & Templates Zone    : update 1.5 ... where did the long awaited CS80v Template dissapear to ?? « previous next »
Carre bleu  update 1.5 ... where did the long awaited CS80v Template dissapear to ??
Pages: [1] Print
Topic: update 1.5 ... where did the long awaited CS80v Template dissapear to ??  (Read 10038 times)
slammah2012

Email
« on: February 21, 2011, 10:36:08 »

Wow..... another Arturia let down shocker........
I notice that Arturia dropped any information about a CS80V Template in update 1.5.....
The CS80V Template was touted since day 1 and 1.5 was the update they promised it.... untill now.......

now all it says is this......

[ Q3 2011 ] 1.5 Version
new features to be confirmed.

Thanks for nothin  >:(

http://www.arturia.com/evolution/en/products/origin/details/milestones.html
kidharpoon

Email
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2011, 10:31:09 »

Totally agree with this, I'm really dissappointed they've started retracting stuff already.

Anyway, you should post this in the general discussion forum, as more people will read it.
FlowerP
Apprentice
Apprentice

Email
« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2011, 12:19:07 »

You can find a statement regarding a future CS-80 template in the Origin 1.2.5 manual on page 59:

Other synthesizer templates (the ARP 2600, the CS-80 and the Jupiter-8) will be offered with future updates of the Origin.

Also, I had a hunch that the specifications might be revised, so a month ago I did a pdf printout of some of Arturia's Origin pages containing the previous claims about future Origin templates (CS-80, ARP 2600, Prophet 5).
Superwaldi

Email
« Reply #3 on: February 22, 2011, 01:32:14 »

And we won't forget the disappeared feature "VST-Integration".

It was a key feature at the beginning. Now it disappeared.
tomeso
Beta-testers

Email
« Reply #4 on: February 22, 2011, 11:59:08 »

My guess is that Arturia is just getting a bit more careful with the statements about future updates. I think the timeline creates a lot of unnecessary pressure for the developers to release certain features at a certain date. Maybe there could have been a version 1.2.9 earlier which could not be released because of the Jupiter-8 promise, who knows? 
???

Although I would prefer to have a defenite timeline (and Arturia keeping up with the timeline), I would rather give them the flexebility and freedom to release updates (more frequently) based on the current development and not on the promise made by a statement in a timeline.
In other words: I hope (and asume) that there still will be a CS-80 template sooner or later, but maybe there are other things that could be released earlier instead.

Just my 2 cents

Frank

"But please don't listen to me
I've already been poisoned by this industry!"
Funk Pop a Roll - XTC
synthguy99

Email
« Reply #5 on: February 23, 2011, 04:31:35 »

I'm one of those looking forward to the CS-80 template a great deal, as well as the Prophet 5.

Memo to Arturia:  please make porting the Prophet 5 OSC and VCF a serious priority this year.  I'm also very much looking forward to making authentic Prophet 5 patches before the world implodes.  :P

I will have to say though that I've recently been fussing with the Origin a great deal over the past two weeks, and amazingly, have been able to add enough modules to come pretty darn close to recreating an actual CS-80 with all its functions!  I don't know if I just couldn't use all those modules before the last update, but I can now, and I believe with enough CPU overhead for 10 - 14 voices of polyphony.

One day, I want my keyboard studio to be a synth museum like Hans Zimmer's

p.s.  PRAY FOR THIS PLANET!!
slammah2012

Email
« Reply #6 on: February 24, 2011, 04:03:33 »

The CS80 template is a requirement for the Origin...I will not purchase one from Arturia without it.... It was the only potential live replacement for my perfectly functional CS80...
Once Arturia get it together, (granted no one beats them to their 5 year old Idea), I will once again give some consideration....
but no CS80 template means no money from this guy....
hermitnerd

Paul Schilling

WWW Email
« Reply #7 on: May 21, 2012, 09:46:55 »

Phillipe, or somebody else at Arturia - I am very interested in the Origin Keyboard. I have been a long time user of the excellent CS80v and am lusting after the ribbon controller and duophonic aftertouch, and all the modular and sequencing features of the Origin. Judging from the number of views on this topic, other people seem interested in the CS80 template too.

Biggest items for me are

1. the individually de-tunable voice cards
2. the different voice allocation modes (I am most interested in the CS-80V "Reset" mode while in Sustain II, and/or the one that the original CS-80 has)
3. glissando, which from an early Origin forum message sounds like is easy to implement?
4. the 2 different Sustain modes

Thanks,
Paul
« Last Edit: June 23, 2012, 10:59:40 by hermitnerd » Logged
Sean W
Beta-testers

Arturia US

Email
« Reply #8 on: May 22, 2012, 03:34:46 »

Paul,
at this point, the CS-80 template will not be included in the next update.

However, the current Origin version already includes CS-80 modules in the modular mode:
CS-80 Oscillators (up to 9), CS-80 Filter (up to 4), CS-80 IL/AL Envelope, CS80 Ring Modulator (in the FX section).

Furthermore, V1.4 (currently in Beta test) will include other new features that were not planned in the original specifications, such as the Oberheim SEM Filter Module, or the new Multi FX mode.

Regarding your important items (Philippe will correct me if I'm wrong):

This will actually be achieved, and then some, by the new Voice Processor module in V1.4. (taken from our Oberheim SEM V)
Not only tuning can be adjusted for each of the 8 virtual voice cards, but also other parameters such as filter cutoff, etc, ...)

2. the different voice allocation modes
This is also part of the new Voice Processor module.

3. glissando, which from an early Origin forum message sounds like is easy to implement?
Glissando is already implemented (Origin has 3 porta/gliss modes: Portamento1, Portamento2, Glissando)

4. the 2 different Sustain modes
Unfortunately, only one Sustain mode is available at this time.

hermitnerd

Paul Schilling

WWW Email
« Reply #9 on: May 22, 2012, 05:16:13 »

Hi Sean, thanks for the reply - great to hear about the features in 1.4

Sounds like the software development for the newer synths like SEM V is being done with an eye towards integration into Origin?
« Last Edit: May 29, 2012, 03:08:54 by hermitnerd » Logged
hermitnerd

Paul Schilling

WWW Email
« Reply #10 on: June 22, 2012, 04:40:08 »

Hi Sean and Phillipe,

I have been playing with the new VoiceModulator module (this is what you meant by "new Voice Processor module" right?) in 1.4 but I'm not yet seeing a way to create different voice allocation modes. My goal is to achieve the same voice allocation mode as the "Reset" mode on the CS-80v (which I think was the same as on the real CS-80).

I have already tried the "PolyReset" mode in the Progr page (above the Polyphony setting), but that doesn't behave the same way as "Reset" in CS-80v as far as I can determine.

Thanks!
Paul

Paul,
at this point, the CS-80 template will not be included in the next update.

However, the current Origin version already includes CS-80 modules in the modular mode:
CS-80 Oscillators (up to 9), CS-80 Filter (up to 4), CS-80 IL/AL Envelope, CS80 Ring Modulator (in the FX section).

Furthermore, V1.4 (currently in Beta test) will include other new features that were not planned in the original specifications, such as the Oberheim SEM Filter Module, or the new Multi FX mode.

Regarding your important items (Philippe will correct me if I'm wrong):

This will actually be achieved, and then some, by the new Voice Processor module in V1.4. (taken from our Oberheim SEM V)
Not only tuning can be adjusted for each of the 8 virtual voice cards, but also other parameters such as filter cutoff, etc, ...)

2. the different voice allocation modes
This is also part of the new Voice Processor module.

« Last Edit: June 22, 2012, 04:44:20 by hermitnerd » Logged
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Division cadre
Jump to: