March 19, 2024, 07:41:38 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: All Jupiter 8 Real Presets  (Read 32653 times)

pedrosura

All Jupiter 8 Real Presets
« on: January 26, 2011, 06:58:41 pm »
The presets that come with the Software leave a lot to be desired. The do a horrible job of showing the capabilities of the Arturia Jup8. It appears the spent zero time in researching the patches that came with the original and re-creating those. This is my attempt at doing just that. They are not perfect, but light years away from what came with the software.

Look here for a PDF file with the Patch Sheets (very important for understanding and tweaking)

Take care...
« Last Edit: February 09, 2015, 03:56:28 pm by ben arturia »

pedrosura

Re: All Jupiter 8 Real Presets
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2011, 07:00:09 pm »
Gents,

Look here for audio samples of they are supposed to sound like....
http://www.synthmania.com/jupiter-8.htm

DBS

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
    • Dynamik Bass System
« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2011, 03:45:22 pm »
Thanks maaaaan! That's  great!  :)
iMac (Late 2013) 3,5 GHz Intel Core i7
OS X 10.11.x
NI Maschine 2.4.x
Logic Pro X 10.2.0
UA Apollo Twin
MOTU 828 Mk3 Hybrid
MOTU 828 Mk2

pedrosura

Another Preset File which will load Correctly
« Reply #3 on: January 27, 2011, 07:49:46 pm »
Here is another file which should load correctly. I wish this one was available as a preset. I'm glad you liked it. I wish peoiple would share presets more on this forum.... Lead by example?

Koshdukai

• Beta-testers
« Reply #4 on: February 02, 2011, 01:38:51 am »
hmmm... listening to the example clips was enlightening, to say the least.

It's weird that the patches presented as Factory Presets aren't as good as the ones you shared here (thanks, btw!)

This makes me question the "fidelity" of the other synths "factory presets" (well, the ones that had factory presets anyway).

One might say that the important thing is having access the what's supposedly as close as possible to the real thing (and more, with the extras Arturia added to it) but, one wonders how "faithful" TAE really is as a VA technology when the easiest part of getting the original factory presets right, fails.

Oh well...

Anyway, again, thanks for sharing these patches and pointing this out!

pedrosura

« Reply #5 on: February 02, 2011, 03:18:08 am »
Thank u! U have been wondering the same. Btw I filled a support request to tell them to pit these instead of what came with the keyboard so
Maybe they will do it. I think I'll to the same for the Prophet V bank 1. I also have the recordings so that I can compare. Look for that. I think TAE technology is solid. Listen to the MiniMg and Cs80. if it falls short at all it is somewhere else.

Koshdukai

• Beta-testers
« Reply #6 on: February 02, 2011, 10:47:03 am »
I think TAE technology is solid. Listen to the MiniMg and Cs80. if it falls short at all it is somewhere else.
After posting my reply, I realized that the proof that TAE is as solid as a softsynth technology can be, is the main reason you were able to achieve a better version of the current "factory" presets, so at least in that dept. it's good to know that :)

So, we (I ?) can only wish the same Quality Control to be applied to the "factory presets" (when available in the original synth), if nothing else to prove and show through A/B comparison that the emulation is as good as it can get.

Can't wait to check your version of the Prophet V bank 1 :)

pedrosura

« Reply #7 on: February 03, 2011, 04:06:53 am »
You bet... I can tell you right away that the presets for the P5 are very close already. I'll try to make them sound like sounds on synthmania...
Also, I'm going to put a famous bank together for the Jup8. Maybe about 20 presets people can recognize.

Antoine

« Reply #8 on: February 03, 2011, 09:43:19 am »
Thanks a lot PedroSura for sharing your presets, definitely good work. We are open to any initiative that could help us sharpening our synthesizers.
Your bank currently is under inspection, we are dusting the old Roland docs to check'em out and compare with tape-saved original presets.
Don't know when and where will this effort lead, but I presume next major version will incorporate some improvements on this side (as well as many others).
Keep up the good vibrations!
ex-Arturian

Koshdukai

• Beta-testers
« Reply #9 on: February 03, 2011, 11:51:22 am »
[...] We are open to any initiative that could help us sharpening our synthesizers. [...]
[...] Your bank currently is under inspection [...]
[...] we are dusting the old Roland docs to check'em out and compare with tape-saved original presets. [...]
[...] I presume next major version will incorporate some improvements on this side (as well as many others).

Good to know! :)

ViktorW

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #10 on: February 03, 2011, 10:30:34 pm »
I appreciate all the work you did.
Many of your preset are really loud though, clipping into distortion, but I guess I just have to adjust them manually and resave them. Talking about standalone mode here.

Btw, some of the factory presets from Arturia are also too loud and distort in standalone mode.
« Last Edit: February 03, 2011, 10:57:17 pm by ViktorW »

pedrosura

« Reply #11 on: February 04, 2011, 04:24:59 am »
Glad u liked them. Yes. I have dialed the volume down. I want to put like a video or cover song to show them off. if u feel up to it please do it the more the better.
For the Jupiter I want to put some Duran Duran, Michael Jackson, Human league, etc patches

damienmillar

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #12 on: February 10, 2011, 11:34:59 am »
These are just terrific. Thank you for your hard work and care. The patch lostrings was kind of like a time traveling event for me: I played it and was knocked back 25 years ago to being a little kid in the big music shop, playing an instrument that I could never afford ...

Koshdukai

• Beta-testers
« Reply #13 on: February 10, 2011, 12:06:47 pm »
[...] was knocked back 25 years ago to being a little kid in the big music shop, playing an instrument that I could never afford ...
I'm getting a lot of that feeling lately, after buying Korg's Legacy and now Arturia's V-Collection ;D

Korg's MS-10 was the first synth I had access to for a couple of months, as a kid.
I learned all my basics of subtractive synthesis on it.

Then, Roland's Juno 6 was  "my friend" for a couple of weeks, as a teen. Polyphony FTW!

Tried'n'played with A LOT of the 80's synths at music stores, always dreaming of having one...

I almost bought a Casio CZ-101, as a teen, but that opportunity escaped me and that's as close as I got of owning a synth at that time :P

pedrosura

« Reply #14 on: February 13, 2011, 01:43:58 am »
These are just terrific. Thank you for your hard work and care. The patch lostrings was kind of like a time traveling event for me: I played it and was knocked back 25 years ago to being a little kid in the big music shop, playing an instrument that I could never afford ...

I can definitely relate to that sentiment. I remember when I was a kid and I looked into the price of a CS-80 and I learned it was about $8500. Almost 30 years later I bought Arturia's collection and now I have a miniMg, a prophet V, a Jupiter 8, a CS80 and the sounds are incredible. A dream come true...

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines