March 28, 2024, 01:29:00 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: expression pedal configuration  (Read 15300 times)

alberto2401

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
expression pedal configuration
« on: December 11, 2011, 01:09:00 pm »
Hello!
i´ve just get a new Mg EP2 expression pedal. Trying it in the expression pedal input of my arturia 49, it does not work fine. The change between 0 and 127 take place only in the first part. It star in 0 and reach 127 very fast. All the rest of de movement on the pedal keeps on 127. ¿any idea of how to configure?

alberto2401

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
Re: expression pedal configuration
« Reply #1 on: December 13, 2011, 03:19:22 pm »
Hello, justa paste de answer from Mg. Still waitingo for arturia´s:

"Hello Alberto,

I don't know what type of CV input jacks the Arturia uses.  The EP-2 has a TRS connection with an internal potentiometer.  The wiper connects to the tip and the ring and sleeve connect to each leg.  If your MIDI controller is expecting a different jack, it may not function correctly.  You may be able to adjust the range of the footpedal using the small dial on the side.  This attenuates the resistance of the internal pot.  If you are still unable to get a good response, you may wish to contact Arturia and see what type of expression pedal needs to be used for the device.  Good luck and take care!

Cheers,
Perry"

Mahtar

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #2 on: June 19, 2012, 11:52:24 pm »
Did you ever get any response from Arturia?

I just got the same pedal and have exactly the same problem with Arturia Laboratory 61
I've tried calibrating as described here with no luck.

I found list of Arturia's preferred pedals here (shame only after I bought the pedal that's not on it...)

As Mg EP-2 is not on the list it I'm guessing it wasn't tested so it may not be compatible.

Come on Arturia, if you add Expression Pedal input at least test pedals that are on the market. Giving a list of "potentially compatible" pedals and just one that was actually used is just not enough...

poldidak

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
Roland EV-5 expression pedal
« Reply #3 on: July 08, 2012, 05:47:52 pm »
I also have had no success with finding an expression pedal that doesn't do the same thing you describe where there is a big jump in value changes in the early part of the pedal travel. I've tried the Roland EV-5 (which is on Arturia's list), the Yamaha FC7, and the Korg EXP. None has worked any better. I have tried calibrating the input according to the instructions, have tried different settings with the minimum value dial on the side of the pedals, etc.

I also have problems using the Breath Controller input (which is one reason I bought the Lab 49 in the first place) because it doesn't have a smooth scale over the full range of that controller. It also has a very significant lag returning to Zero after I let off breath pressure on the Yamaha BC controller.

In general I have noticed that there is lag with many of the controllers on the Lab keyboard. The PB and Mod wheels can be very a slow to respond to rapid changes. I'm wondering if the MIDI CPUs are underpowered, or if the firmware/software is just sloggy.

Anyway, I'm rarely using my Lab keyboard these days (even though I like the size and the key actions, as well as many of the programming features) because I can't use the controller the way I need to with my set up. I keep hoping Arturia comes out with a really good software update for this thing. But I'm not holding my breath...controller!

Phil

burn4ever

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #4 on: January 10, 2014, 06:38:10 pm »
Any news????
Have the same problem with the Leat Food LFX-1, an pedal that is recommend by Arturia.
Will be nice if there is an firmeware update to fix this!!!!

burn4ever

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #5 on: October 25, 2014, 05:21:57 pm »
Nothing???  ???

mspin.dj

« Reply #6 on: November 08, 2014, 12:50:23 am »
I'm having the same problem with a Behringer FCV100 expression pedal!!!

carpetsquare

• Apprentice
« Reply #7 on: July 28, 2019, 04:18:22 am »
WTF this is still happening in 2019 with the Keylab MkII. I'm using a Yamaha FC7. Only the first 20 degrees has any effect (which also happens to be the most uncomfortable range - you really need to bend your ankle to get to the useable range). Adjusting the range in MIDI Control Center only makes it worse.

Having 5 expression inputs is awesome but infuriating because but THEY ARE ALL USELESS!!!!

Olio

« Reply #8 on: February 19, 2021, 10:46:52 pm »
I have problem with my expression pedal too on Keylab 61 mk2, it can't move full range - only half, from 64 to 127, any of the inputs! What is this??? My old NI Kore 2 have no problem with it at all. Pedal is Zoom FP02M. Arturia, we need a fix!
PS This system of posts is terrible - the verifications letters even human can't understand from 10 times, sound not playing, additional questions, come on! It's a bank system?? No I don't have so freaking security system even in my bank account!!!!

The following error or errors occurred while posting this message:
You did not answer the verification questions correctly.

BrotherCharles

• Apprentice
« Reply #9 on: June 13, 2022, 05:50:41 pm »
I know this thread is kinda old, but I just wanted to add my quick 2 cents. I had a bit of trouble getting effective expression pedal control with my KeyLabs too. I am using a Mission Engineering EP-1 now and I can assure you it’s working beautifully for me! I rebiewed the pedal, just in case you’re interested.
Here’s the link.
Mission Engineering EP-1 Expression Pedal Review | ReviewRevival

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines