March 19, 2024, 08:07:10 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: About Storm 3  (Read 95581 times)

7fan

well...Well...
« Reply #75 on: June 11, 2004, 12:44:09 pm »
:( Hello to every one... i'm a user of Storm from it's first version. It could be saw as i believe in it... i try the new 3 release. There are a lot of new things and good things... :)  but a lot of bad things :(
I'm really disapointed with two things that are really important to me:
I'm sure that i've read that Storm 3 would use VST and VSTI, but it's not at all the case. I tried in various way, try to import a rewired instrument like Vsampler 3 and it takes only the VST effect that Vsampler find. but only on the instruments. If i open Live 3.04 in Storm as a rewire slave, no VSTs at all... That's amazing that you didn't take care of this basis. You would tell me: "hey man use it as a slave..." but why telling it's a sequencer if i can't use other VSTIs with it. I don't understand... :? The second bad things that i don't like, perhaps you'll tell me there is a solution... You can't add effect on the master. It would be interesting to add a compressor or a VST (oops) master effect but no...
Good things, yes, i really like the improvement of being able to add more than 4 instruments and 3 effects, as if it started in 2nd version to use the rewire process to launch 2 storm but hungry on the CPU idea. Well, i will dive in the sequencer, but it really seems to be cool and easyediting oriented. Why the keyboard on the left isn't active on the instrument?
Last thing that lot of people complain about that, and you try to tell you didn't tell such thing... OOOOH what a shock when i read i would have what i did... But now i'm thincking i did bad... i paid for an upgrade to software that i was told i won't pay for the rest of my life any more upgrade. It was one of its major keyselling points. Hey that's a lying publicity. I wanted to shut up when i read this but now after trying the 3rd release i feel like i was stolen... Sorry, but i beleieve that it's why the on-line demo could so much time to be release at the same period that receiving my upgrade. I don't know what to thinck, will i sell my license, already thinck of that... Will i try more, well why not, but many basic points telling me it would take me more time to use 4 apps to do my productions and not have to use only two...
I don't want to hurt you, be a bad guy spitting on your work and i really believ you did a good and great job. But i'm desapointed and i believ i'm not the only one. this message is here not to do some bad things to you it's just to explain my point of view and to tell to care about users and what they need. I thinck it's the better way for a compagny to live a long live and be recognize as a good provider of what it does.
Best regards,
7fan
http://www.7fan.com
P.S. My message can be deleted from this forum but i hope by giving one my website, i won't be spam by "fanatics". We are in democracy so why not telling our point of view...

Didz@dron

About Storm 3
« Reply #76 on: June 12, 2004, 12:03:10 pm »
Hey 7fan, you do have the right to say what you think of this upgrade ! As for me, I think that this upgrade is cool cause I've always considered Storm more like a concept than like a "can do everything" soft. I mean that Storm is the most user friendly studio you can find all around so to my mind, Arturia adds new features progressively while keeping this first aim in sight.
And like you, there are things I don't appreciate from the arturia team. The most important is that they get old users to pay for this upgrade, it's unfair. Here's my explanation :
I paid 227 eur in 2000 for the very fist version of Storm, supported it, beta tested the 1.5 upgrade and now I should pay 50 more euros. Ok, it's not a big amount but what I dislike is the way we, customers, are treated by Arturia. For this reason, even if I like what I've tested through the demo, I won't upgrade to v3. Everybody has his point of view, that's mine and I don't care what the others will think about it ...

Didz
d(*O*)b

Didz@dron

About Storm 3
« Reply #77 on: June 12, 2004, 12:05:32 pm »
Hey 7fan, you do have the right to say what you think of this upgrade ! As for me, I think that this upgrade is cool cause I've always considered Storm more like a concept than like a "can do everything" soft. I mean that Storm is the most user friendly studio you can find all around so to my mind, Arturia adds new features progressively while keeping this first aim in sight.
And like you, there are things I don't appreciate from the arturia team. The most important is that they get old users to pay for this upgrade, it's unfair. Here's my explanation :
I paid 227 eur in 2000 for the very fist version of Storm, supported it, beta tested the 1.5 upgrade and now I should pay 50 more euros. Ok, it's not a big amount but what I dislike is the way we, customers, are treated by Arturia. For this reason, even if I like what I've tested through the demo, I won't upgrade to v3. Everybody has his point of view, that's mine and I don't care what the others will think about it ...

Didz
d(*O*)b

me

About Storm 3
« Reply #78 on: June 17, 2004, 07:01:48 am »
So far, no good.

I think my 1.8 Ghz P4 with 512MB should be able to handle Hork sent through a compressor along with a little pattern on Bass52. Assuming that’s true, then Storm 3 is a sick puppy. Screen redraw problems tip one off the approaching meltdown that happens every time, usually within a few minutes. I can’t blame this squarely on Storm, but I certainly don’t have any other software that blows up in my face like this.

And speaking of Hork and Bass52, Arturia doesn’t appear to have done anything to bring them up to speed. Same toyish sounds, same discombobulated hi-hat, same drifting bass tonalities. Sometimes I think I’m the only one who knows these modules exist anymore, which saddens me; they’re what got me hooked on Storm in the first place.

Oh well, I spent the sixty bucks blindly, more as a vote of confidence than as an expense for a tool. Such great potential. Silly me.

Anonymous

About Storm 3
« Reply #79 on: June 17, 2004, 07:15:42 am »
Well I'm still waiting for the software to arrive in the mail so I only can use the demo.
Regarding the bass....I do find the GM synth to have some really cool bass sounds, my problem is that there are just too many timing issues,
freezes, stutters and so on....I was hoping,praying that perhaps these were caused by bodgy code that is running the demo time limit clock
causing interupts, however, this seems a long shot....anyway, I'm sad because I would really love to A/get my copy of storm3 and also,
I'd like it to work properly which the demo does not on my clean system.

peace
out

me

About Storm 3
« Reply #80 on: June 17, 2004, 07:34:13 am »
I agree that the GM module does have some decent sounds. However, I wish I could use the wonderful programming features of the Hork and Bass52 modules and direct their patterns into GM instruments of my choosing. That way I wouldn’t have to use a keyboard-based piano roll to “play” drums. Otherwise, it’s just another music studio that uses a piano roll to spit out GM sounds... big deal.

I think the demo constraints have nothing to do with the problems you’re having. I could get to like this version very much -- despite what’s missing or still wanting -- if only the damn thing worked.

me

About Storm 3
« Reply #81 on: June 20, 2004, 11:53:37 pm »
Hey Sylvain, hope you had a nice weekend, because you’re in for a rough week. Your new job is to provide public support for the buggiest piece of @#$% to come along in quite some time.

I’d contact you by email, but you seem to have omitted your address from your profile -- how Arturian.

Anonymous

About Storm 3
« Reply #82 on: June 29, 2004, 03:34:42 pm »
Hello,

I am not a developper and I'm not the one in charge for the Storm support. If you have problem you can contact arturia's support at "support@arturia.com".

Best regards

me

About Storm 3
« Reply #83 on: June 30, 2004, 04:37:30 am »
If the support department truly is concerned, why did they trot you out? Shouldn’t they be participating in the Arturia forums?

slatterm

Why do I have to pay
« Reply #84 on: July 16, 2004, 07:16:31 am »
I bought Storm believing I would never have to pay again. Payed for the last upgrade begrudgingly, but now I find I have to pay again. I feel conned.

Is everyone just giving in and paying?

Didz@dron

About Storm 3
« Reply #85 on: July 16, 2004, 09:55:14 am »
I thought the same at first to be honest but I can assure you it's really worth the money ! :D

Didz
d(*O*)b

psynrg

About Storm 3
« Reply #86 on: January 29, 2005, 03:39:24 pm »
This forum has got to be the worst advertisement for any product, EVER!

I came here to try and get a feel for users' experience with Storm & how well the publisher relates to it's user-base etc.etc.

On the evidence of this forum - this thread in particular - I'm going to run like hell with my cash, away from here!

You've got some idiot 'administrator' here who constantly parrots off the same rubbish about release dates, upgrade costs and not having or knowing anything to do with 'the past of arturia' - so basically doesn't know anything...

I mean, how useful is this?

And if something's not agreeable (like the truth) then the post gets deleted!

I thought I'd check out Storm as Arturias analogue synth classics are simply outstanding. My guess was if their production suite is just half as good then goodbye Reason, Cubase etc.etc.

Oh no...

Even Steinberg support is better than this!

Administrator - do you get paid for this??? Shameful...

DJ Erg

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
    • http://www.sagokey.com
About Storm 3
« Reply #87 on: February 04, 2008, 12:19:26 pm »
Quote from: "psynrg"
This forum has got to be the worst advertisement for any product, EVER!

I came here to try and get a feel for users' experience with Storm & how well the publisher relates to it's user-base etc.etc.

On the evidence of this forum - this thread in particular - I'm going to run like hell with my cash, away from here!

You've got some idiot 'administrator' here who constantly parrots off the same rubbish about release dates, upgrade costs and not having or knowing anything to do with 'the past of arturia' - so basically doesn't know anything...

I mean, how useful is this?

And if something's not agreeable (like the truth) then the post gets deleted!

I thought I'd check out Storm as Arturias analogue synth classics are simply outstanding. My guess was if their production suite is just half as good then goodbye Reason, Cubase etc.etc.

Oh no...

Even Steinberg support is better than this!

Administrator - do you get paid for this??? Shameful...

yeah i also dont know who is the admin here :D .. sylivan but hes login guess :D WHY ? create an account man :D ... poor support here but in www.arturia.com you can get the answers of your questions.. regards..

Ergxx
Just Wanna Be a DJ... Is Arturia Storm the Best Start ?

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines