March 29, 2024, 08:09:26 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: About Storm 3  (Read 96420 times)

forager_xp

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
About Storm 3
« Reply #60 on: May 30, 2004, 02:19:14 am »
Yeh I agree with the last post entirely... I've ordered the upgrade even though somewhere once I remember it was to be free, who cares life moves on, to a degree we're lucky they revisited Storm at all.

Since getting Storm2 making music has been good fun for me as I
reckon being able to smoke, chat with a friend, and create a song using Storm2 all at the same time is just about paradise!

Some folks have complained about sound quality with Storm2, gee, for me
it basically comes out of the simplistic yet functional mixer ready to print.

I like alot about Storm2 and if anything I am a bit worried about Storm3
being more finicky to use that the clean design of Storm2.

Personally I'm praying that the record "long bits of audio" bugs have been fixed entirely, and that various minor anomlies have been fixed up, if that happens then maybe I'll actually go out and once more buy a keyboard controller and actually "need" to "perform" an actual note or two!

Apart from that, the abuse thrown at Arturia is absolutely transcendentally horrible especially considering the actual software that the team have managed to engineer. Storm2 was a great relief for me and in my view a totally wonderful bit of kit, it's become my guitar, ie, the instrument I use when I just feel like jamming a new tune.

I say show some respect
to the Arturia team!

Anonymous

About Storm 3
« Reply #61 on: May 30, 2004, 05:42:56 am »
Agree with the last two posts.
If you are going to slander a company and make comments of this nature at least have the guts too attach a valid email address and ISP number to your post.
This is the grossest display of immaturity I've ever seen.
The appaulign behaviour being displayed is not from Arturia.
It's from the bile spilling off your keypad into here.
What you reap you sew.
How toxic are you/these people.
Seriously unpleasent.
I do not blame Arturia for bothering to glorify these posts with a response.
Grow up.
Or grow old and bitter.

me

About Storm 3
« Reply #62 on: May 30, 2004, 06:37:52 am »
I wouldn’t let Arturia completely off the hook -- their support and maintenance upgrade history has been absolutely pathetic. They deserve the occasional well-placed jab.

The company behaves more like a profitable hobby than a serious business, so their apparent short attention span is to be expected. Their creativity is more important than their execution.

Recall the hoopla when Storm 2 came out, followed by a deafening silence as they wandered off into Mg plugins and such. And now the hoopla has returned! And we welcome it!

me

About Storm 3
« Reply #63 on: May 30, 2004, 08:20:36 am »
I almost missed forager_xp saying, “We're lucky they revisited Storm at all.”

That is so true. I had completely given up on Storm going anywhere.

koronis

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
About Storm 3
« Reply #64 on: May 30, 2004, 09:14:12 am »
Thanks to : Me & Forager ! you're totally in true.

Sorry for my english , i'm too bad :)

Quand au guest qui nous parle de menteurs et autre, etant un utilisateur de storm depuis la premiere version jusqu'a la derniere, jamais je n'ai vu de free for life, et pour le prix de vente du produit, faudrait effectivement voir a ne pas exagerer non plus.

Quand a ses menaces de ruiner la reputation d'arturia, non mais franchement c'est a mourir de rire, je lui souhaite bien du courage, et qu'il commence par avoir le courage de signer ses messages et on en reparlera :) non mais quelle rigolade ...
si le pourrissage de forum lui amene quelque chose.

Quand a son discours sur les vst, qu'il commence par nous prouver qu'il travaille sur un cubase legal ou equivalent, et puis tant qu'a faire, puisque ca a l'air primordial pour lui la gratuité, qu'il nous propose des configurations FREE pour faire de la musique, et occasionnellement qu'il nous fournisse des exemples de ses productions musicale, qu'on puisse se faire une idée sur son travail , et qu'on rigole un peu :)

de telles attitudes sont déplorables, et gageons que ces stupides remarques seront virées du forum, pour laisser la place aux REELS utilisateurs de Storm, qui d'apres ceux que je connais, sont fideles et respectueux du travail fourni !!!

l'echange n'en sera que meilleur !

Musicalement votre

me

About Storm 3
« Reply #65 on: May 30, 2004, 09:31:31 am »
compliments of freetranslation.com:

When to the guest that talks about us liars and other, being a user of storm since the first version even has the last one, never I did not see free for life, and for the sale price of the product, would be necessary effectively to see has not non exagerer more.  

When has its threats to ruin the arturia reputation, no but frank this is has to die laugh, I wish to him well courage, and that it starts with to have the courage to sign its messages and one some will repair no but which rigolade...  If the forum pourrissage brings him something.  

When has his speech on the vst, that it starts with to prove us that it works on a cubase legal or equivalent, and then so as has to do, since ca seems essential for him wantonness, that it proposes us configurations FREE to do music, and occasionally that it furnishes us examples of its musical productions, that one can be done an idea

Of such attitudes are deplorable, and suppose that these stupid remarks will be turned forum, to leave the place to the REELS users of Storm, that of apres those that I know, are fideles and respectful of the furnished work!!!  

The echange not some will be that better!  

Musically your

Maratin

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
Storm 3 shipping?
« Reply #66 on: May 30, 2004, 02:35:07 pm »
Sylvain, can you please post in the Storm 3 thread, if it already ships? It should, right? I get sick of all this stupid crap I read some posts above in this thread and I just want to form my own opinion, AFTER having it used...  :)

Didz@dron

About Storm 3
« Reply #67 on: May 30, 2004, 06:55:49 pm »
Hey, a moderator who knows Storm and all that is related to is needed here. It can't keep going on this way. Those jerks' insanities are ruining the great work you've been doing for years !!! Don't let them do !
Damn, I regret the good time when I bought Storm 1.0 and made the "virtually yours" stm file  :roll:
Koko, Mazel, keep up the great work  :wink:

Didz
d(*O*)b

positive guest

Storm is good
« Reply #68 on: May 31, 2004, 02:43:06 am »
Ten years ago it would have been unheard of to be able to have a completely integrated software studio.  Several of the posts in the past month or so are obscene and should be deleted.  I am interested in Storm 3 and being part of a users community, not reading gripes about a few dollars or euros for a product dramatically less expensive than Reason.  Anyway, my question is: are the any fundamental changes to the drum sounds in Storm 3.0?  javascript:emoticon(':lol:')

Anonymous

About Storm 3
« Reply #69 on: May 31, 2004, 05:48:28 am »
are the any fundamental changes to the drum sounds in Storm 3.0

My money says no, unhappily, for two reasons: one being that the modules look identical to the current crop; two being that if they had made changes, they would’ve certainly mentioned it.

I hope I’m wrong!

forager_xp

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
About Storm 3
« Reply #70 on: June 03, 2004, 04:13:35 am »
I'm hoping Hook module ain't messed with cause it is whicked!

Anonymous

About Storm 3
« Reply #71 on: June 04, 2004, 01:17:29 pm »
Hello everyone,

First, concerning Storm 3.0, it is shipping so if you ordered it you can expect to get it :)

To the guest who spend his time insulting Arturia : I deleted some posts because I really don't see any reason that can justify them. I you really want to talk about respect, then first learn it.

The demo must be available very soon (at the beginning of the next week I think) so you will be able to make your idea.

I hope you will carry on enjoying creating music with Arturia's software

Best regards,

Sylvain

Waiting Guest

About Storm 3
« Reply #72 on: June 07, 2004, 10:03:34 am »
No new post since Friday... Anyone already got it? I am also still waiting... I am excited what will arrive earlier: Demo or full version :)

japut

About Storm 3
« Reply #73 on: June 09, 2004, 03:47:13 pm »
To reiterate what someone else said.  Arturia support is terrible.  I got in contact with them on may 21st to order my upgrade to Storm3 and my registration is not correct (even though my unlock code is good).  I exchanged e-mails with customer support up until about a week ago and then they stopped responding.  It wasn't really all that long ago either that I purchased Storm.  I bought Storm at the end of February and I'm still not able to order an upgrade.  Not withstanding the upgrade someone could be using my identity other than my own.  If there is another J Putnam on this forum- hey I've got your log-in.

BTW:  Did someone say Rewire is buggy still.  Man that was the REASON I bought Storm to begin with.  Where is the line for the refund?

Anonymous

About Storm 3
« Reply #74 on: June 10, 2004, 08:39:50 am »
Hello guys,

Storm 3.0 demo is online, you can now download it in the Download->Demo section of the site

Have a nice day

Sylvain

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines