April 25, 2024, 09:32:00 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Origin Update Error  (Read 4375 times)

fusionface

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
Origin Update Error
« on: January 10, 2011, 02:07:03 am »
I filed a technical support case #93923 for an issue where my Origin would power on, but then all UI and audio would freeze as soon as I attempted to change the program preset or select a demo. This problem appeared suddenly and I was perplexed as to how it started. After further investigation, I believe it may be related to me trying to interface with my Origin which was running the 1.2.5 firmware with an outdated version of Origin connect (version 1.0).

I reinstalled Origin Connect 1.2.5 and attempted a firmware update to correct the issue, but found that it still will not correctly install the firmware. I get an error message from the Origin Connect software stating there is a problem with the U2034 flash memory and to check the U2034 on my Origin. Any way that I can fix this? I also tried to install the latest RC 1.3.3 Origin Connect and firmware and encountered the same issue.
« Last Edit: January 15, 2011, 03:37:31 pm by fusionface »

fusionface

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
Re: Origin Update Error
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2011, 03:39:29 pm »
Hmmm....no response from anyone including tech support on this topic or my case. Any help here? Please? I am hoping that this issue can be easily resolved, but do not know where to start as my manual has not provided a lot of insight into troubleshooting this.

Niccolo

• Administrator
  • Arturia developer
« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2011, 05:49:16 pm »
The tech support is always very busy and it may take a few days to answer. In the meantime if you want to try to update again, remember that whatever firmware version you are installing, it is always better to use the latest Origin Connection (in this case the latest is the one you can find on the forum in the packages with the preview 1.3), even if you want to get back to 1.2.5.
Also, when you power up the Origin, before attempting to change the preset, does it make sound?

fusionface

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #3 on: February 04, 2011, 09:16:17 pm »
I have tried installing Origin Update version 1.2.5 and followed all instruction given to me in the one response I have received from tech support. It will not install the firmware. Still have not been able to resolve the issue and have had minimal feedback from Technical support since. I am starting to get very frustrated with this...I am counting on being able to use my Origin and find it hard to believe that I am running into a technical issue that cannot easily be remedied.

Each time I try to install a firmware update I get the following message:
Timeout error: U2034 flash memory update was not acknowledged, or the update could not start. Please restart the firmware update. If the problem persists, you should contact the technical support.

:(

fusionface

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #4 on: February 04, 2011, 09:23:16 pm »
I have tried installing Origin Update version 1.2.5 and followed all instruction given to me in the one response I have received from tech support. It will not install the firmware. Still have not been able to resolve the issue and have had minimal feedback from Technical support since. I am starting to get very frustrated with this...I am counting on being able to use my Origin and find it hard to believe that I am running into a technical issue that cannot easily be remedied.

Each time I try to install a firmware update I get the following message:
Timeout error: U2034 flash memory update was not acknowledged, or the update could not start. Please restart the firmware update. If the problem persists, you should contact the technical support.

:(

An addendum to this- When I power on my Origin, it loads through the standard screens. Once loaded, it will not produce any sign and all UI freezes when you try to play a sound, demo, or change patch. It is basically unusable.

bass1

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #5 on: May 05, 2011, 12:05:08 am »
Hey Fusionface,

have you solved the problem? I have encountered the same issue with flash memory :-[

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines