March 29, 2024, 04:16:22 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: CPU GONE BERZERK. CALLING ALL TECHS!  (Read 5213 times)

AdamArnold

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
CPU GONE BERZERK. CALLING ALL TECHS!
« on: January 18, 2011, 09:41:36 pm »
"Submit your technical problems to other users, ask them for help and suggestions."

That's the sign on the front door of this place. I guess the techs are not included  :o

I'm Running Pro Tools 9 on a iMac7, 10.6.4 OS. 2.93Ghz, 8 processors and 16GB of RAM. A monster that when handling 16 tracks with 2 plugins on each track, it will run at a cool 12% CPU usage.

However, Since I loaded Brass 2(no sound,crash), 2.0.1(dist. sound,crash) and 2.0.5(sound,crash) well, it doesn't work good at all. Load a riff in the Brass2 window, and try to play it from there, the CPU goes Ba-Ba-Ba-Zerk! Jumps from 5% to 99%, peaks the meter, very unstable, leave it alone for 5 minutes and it locks up and crashes. EXACTLY like the sound that comes out of the monitors, choppy and staggered. Nothing smooth.  >:(

Any Ideas on what I need to shut off, remove, and such? Or maybe put it on eBay via Caveat Emptor for some other "user" to enjoy. I have been reading all of the posts regarding this EXACT problem and gentlemen, someone please wake up and verify that we are screwed.  ::) That's all we ask for, a little kiss....  :-* Maybe you can send those two Japanese fellows on your promo video over! And have em' bring the bazillion TB 3000 core processor-ed computer with em!  ;D

Cant really give an opinion of the sound quality as it is unfair while it's sputtering on 3 cylinders. Sorry, but "General Midi"  :-X  comes to mind at this point...

Thank you for the soon arriving diagnosis!

Adam
www.adamandmusic.com

« Last Edit: January 18, 2011, 10:31:03 pm by AdamArnold »

AdamArnold

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
Re: CPU GONE BERZERK. CALLING ALL TECHS!
« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2011, 08:28:59 am »
I solved my crashing problem. I hope it works for any of you. I opened Brass 2 in stand alone mode, and in the "Audio and Midi Settings" I didn't have the Pro Tools aggregate I/O box selected, and I see that I can also control the stand-alone module by either selecting MBox2 midi in, or the USB from my KeyStation.

I loaded 3 tracks on pro tools 9, and when it is a CPU hog (27%now), it has recorded and played back some mean trombone solos. I love the bones, the saxes and trumpets? No. But I am just starting to play with it. I might find a way to ,like

I assumed that pro tools or Brass 2 would have automatically hooked the I/O up on their own. So I learn.

Hope it helps anyone,

Adam

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines