March 29, 2024, 03:04:27 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Does Not Work With Ableton on Mac  (Read 6207 times)

BS

Does Not Work With Ableton on Mac
« on: December 22, 2010, 09:45:51 pm »
So many problems with this synth and my Ableton 8 Mac 2 x Quad core machine it is unbelievable. £229 for a piece of crap!!!

1. It just stops working all the time on a bunch of patches. No explanation. It says midi is coming in but doesn't play any sound. When you delete it as a plugin and add it back in it works but that's hardly useful.

2. It uses a phenomenal amount of RAM. So much so that it cripples my machine like nothing else I've ever used. I have 12Gb of RAM, albeit on 32 bit OS.

3. After editing a patch and then reopening the plugin it forgets the changes and returns to the preset. Basic.

Sounds are awesome but useability-wise this is easily the worst plugin I have ever bought. Analog Factory was pretty bad but this is 10 times worse.

Do not get this synth in its current state if you use Ableton. I don't know about other sequencers.

doperdeluxe

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
Re: Does Not Work With Ableton on Mac
« Reply #1 on: December 24, 2010, 02:43:35 pm »
Know what you mean. I have been using the demo & have had similar issues with ableton & lab on windows, however this doesn't sound nearly as bad as your experiencing.

Don't know if Arturia are just desperate for money just now or why they have decided to release it early, but I'm in a bit of a dilemma as to whether I should pay the 49 euro upgrade from factory which is only valid until the 31st december in the hope that an unusable bit of software will be usable in an upgrade soon or if this is just wishful thinking.

Just bought Vcollection 2 on the strength of how good the presets are in factory, the idea of being able to edit the presets using the original plugins sounds great.

I will probably go for the upgrade in the hope that the problem will be sorted out, but it does feel like I'm getting a 49euro deal for a reason - i.e: it doesn't really work!

Something tells me this isn't really a deal.
« Last Edit: December 24, 2010, 02:50:59 pm by doperdeluxe »

Antoine

« Reply #2 on: December 27, 2010, 01:56:57 pm »
A bug fix version 1.1 is currently under testing, and should be released in the coming days.
If fixes some hosts compatibility issues; however 12GB of RAM being swallowed is quite unseen till date!  ???
ex-Arturian

batwings

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #3 on: February 22, 2011, 12:04:58 pm »
I know it's been awhile since this initial post, but was wondering if you were able to have success after the new hotfix (1.1.1)?  I'm an Ableton user and have the following issues after my purchase the other day, and installing 1.1.1:

1.  frequently hard (total program shutdown) /soft crashes (some patches
stop working) both in and outside of Ableton
2.  favorites and user saved patches don't work inside of Ableton, don't
show up in Ableton if created during standalone operation (I cannot checkmark a favorite patch in Ableton, I cannot save a patch after I've tweaked it inside of
Ableton, both do work running standalone now, didn't before 1.1.1)
3.  mod button stuck on Upper (both in Ableton and standalone)
4.  snapshots work in standalone only, not inside of Ableton

Since you both seem like the only Ableton folks posting in this area, would love to get an update on how you're now doing with Analog Lab....

Thank you,

swatkins

« Reply #4 on: September 22, 2011, 10:48:42 am »
Would also love response to problems with Ableton Live.

vaikl

« Reply #5 on: September 30, 2011, 01:19:19 am »

Since you both seem like the only Ableton folks posting in this area, would love to get an update on how you're now doing with Analog Lab....

Another Live user is chiming in ;)

My Lab arrived today and I'm just scratching on the surface. But the first thing I've realized: DON'T EVER use the AU plug of The Lab in Live!!!! Just take the VSTi and you're save against crackling, popping and CPU overloads.

No crashes until now in 8.2.5 on a Quad iMac i5 (but Cubase 6 did after a too fast sound change >:( ). Will check your other points the next days, I'm now happy that playing just works with a Powercore and a LiquidMix unit.

vaikl

« Reply #6 on: September 30, 2011, 09:52:45 pm »
Just some own experiences from today:

- I can use favorites in Live 8.2.5 (VSTi, not AU) in both ways - selecting via checkmark and recall via the favorites filter
- I can save user presets inside the Live VSTi and I also can see the saved ones from standalone, but I don't get a "Save as..." window, it just gets automatically stored as
"<Original name> copy". The same happens in the standalone!!
- snapshots work so far for me, but the sounds from the MiniMg V are always stored without the four special parameters

- The Lab keyboard pads are not useable in plugin mode. Mouse-clicking them in the plugin gui works.

vaikl

« Reply #7 on: October 01, 2011, 11:36:19 pm »
Ok, another frustration:

On a quadcore 27" iMac (8GB) using the Lab GUI in Live together with external hardware plugs like PowerCore or UAD is simply impossible, only the upper browser view works. Displaying the animated keyboard will boost the RAM hunger of the Lab plug up to 2.5 times more than without. This is unacceptable.

An option to hide only the keyboard is a must.

Manuel

• GTHC-Entertainment
    • MySpace
« Reply #8 on: March 21, 2012, 03:36:56 pm »
Here are some Solutions! that should that should work in most cases.

Don't forget to applaud for me if these tips were helpful for you!   ;)

vaikl

« Reply #9 on: March 21, 2012, 10:32:53 pm »
Manuel, beside flooding the forum with your tipps - did you really *read* the threads your are trying to mark with your name????

How about asking the mods to make your useful posts a sticky??

Manuel

• GTHC-Entertainment
    • MySpace
« Reply #10 on: March 22, 2012, 10:32:45 am »
Manuel, beside flooding the forum with your tipps - did you really *read* the threads your are trying to mark with your name????

Hey vaikl,

First of all: I don't understand your question. Could you please be more significant?

Second: I don't try to mark threads with my name, I just tried to organize some useful tips so that forumusers don't have to search the whole forum for a solution!

And third:

- I can save user presets inside the Live VSTi and I also can see the saved ones from standalone, but I don't get a "Save as..." window, it just gets automatically stored as
"<Original name> copy". The same happens in the standalone!!
- snapshots work so far for me, but the sounds from the MiniMg V are always stored without the four special parameters

- The Lab keyboard pads are not useable in plugin mode. Mouse-clicking them in the plugin gui works.

- Ther is no "save as" window! and the way you can change the scene/sound name is descriebed here in the Solutions!!

- Snapshots are working if you have installed the latest updates of your product!

- The pads are also working! If you don't know how to get them to work, the solution! is written in this thread.

So last but not least: The question about reading threads or not, you should answer yourself!

If you don't see any use for my tips, then just ignore them and do your thing!

Best regards

Manuel

vaikl

« Reply #11 on: March 22, 2012, 11:23:15 am »
Manuel, it's really nice that you put so much work in this forum to help other AE/AL users, I appreciate it.

But you should consider how old most of the threads are and that most of the original posters may have contacted support in the meantime or already have the latest updates (which I have and it didn't helped much). I tend to ignore your actual posts now, because your message "contact support and read my solutions!" in almost every thread doesn't help me or is something new.

And again - I'm not buying hard-/software packages only to learn inofficial best-effort strategies and smart hacks from other users (even if they are very helpful), I wanna have a working product and support from the developers.

Manuel

• GTHC-Entertainment
    • MySpace
« Reply #12 on: March 22, 2012, 01:06:16 pm »
@vaikl

Okay, maybe some of the threads are old and the original posters may found a working solution in the meantime, but there are new users every day searching the forum for answers and all they find are questions. So my thought was to prevent users from posting questions and problems that have already been answered.

I came to this forum because I experienced many many problems, but as I said before, all to discover were users having similar problems. Most of the threads were left unanswered and now there is an answere that could help other users (like myself)!

Another point is that posting Solutions! may relieves Technical Support so that they can work more efficient and not waisting time while answering the same questions again and again!

Manuel

• GTHC-Entertainment
    • MySpace
« Reply #13 on: March 22, 2012, 08:52:21 pm »

Oh! I guess I know what you mean now....
I'm german and the abbreviation "mods" was really confusing me. Guess you mean the moderators or admins.

Sorry for this!  ;)

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines