April 20, 2024, 12:58:47 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Midi Issues  (Read 2032 times)

kidharpoon

Midi Issues
« on: December 18, 2010, 07:35:13 pm »
Hi all,

So got my Origin Module and its giving me all sorts of midi problems.

I'm running Logic, and have a midi keyboard going in to the DAW, and back out from the DAW into Origin.

Sometimes it's fine, but sometimes it freaks out and is doing some weird stuff in Logic. Its screwing up the config of projects I'm working on.

I couldn't get midi thru to trigger origin, which would be better for me, and also can't seem to get it to run from Logic's Midi clock.

The manual has been pretty much useless for any help on this.

Is USB Midi a more stable way to go?

Any help most appreciated.

Thanks

Sean W

• Beta-testers
  • Arturia US
Re: Midi Issues
« Reply #1 on: December 19, 2010, 09:13:55 pm »
If your config is Keyboard -> Logic -> Origin, there's no way Orign can "do weird stuff in Logic" or "screw up the config of projects", because Logic is not receiving any data from Origin.

If you're talking about the MIDI Thru connector on your keyboard, it does not generate any MIDI data from the keyboard (MIDI Thru is only passsing through the data received on the MIDI IN).

It's not clear what kind of MIDI interface you are using with Logic, but you could indeed connect directly the USB port of Origin to a free USB port of your Mac, as the Origin supports MIDI via USB.
It is not "more stable", it is just a simpler way to go without adding a USB-MIDI interface in between.

Regarding Sync'ing the Origin to MIDI Clock, you have to enable it  in the HOME / SETTINGS / MIDI menu: select Global Synchro as "MClock" instead of "Intern".
Then, enable Sync ON for each synchronizable feature (Arpeggiator, Sequencer, Delay, LFO, ...) you want to slave to the MIDI Clock.
(of course, don't forget to enable MIDI Clock Out in Logic for the port where Origin is connected)
« Last Edit: December 19, 2010, 09:17:23 pm by Sean W »

kidharpoon

Re: Midi Issues
« Reply #2 on: December 20, 2010, 11:15:24 pm »
Brilliant! Thanks Sean.

I've actually got is much more stable now through USB, and  everythings running smooth.

As for the midi clock thing, this is the info I was missing:

"Then, enable Sync ON for each synchronizable feature"

Thanks again!

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines